Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Moratorium Update - April 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-moratorium-update-april-2011-a-t112659.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 04-01-2011 04:36 PM

This thread is so funny! I love the one who admitted she "relapsed"
We are a sick bunch lol

I plead the 5th on this topic hee hee

happyscrappy 04-01-2011 04:42 PM

i have not bought fabric this year. i've bought batting, thread and interfacing. i am doing very well. working on my 5th quilt top. no, i do not believe my stash has been reduced at all!!! it actually multiplies on its own.

Sienna's GiGi 04-01-2011 11:02 PM

I just stumbled on this topic and I just wanted to say you all are so brave. I just placed a CT order yesterday and no room in the barracks to put it but I will think of something. I don't think I'm ready for a fabric moritorium.

quilterella 04-02-2011 12:48 AM

I have yet to purchase any fabric this year, so, I guess I'm either a fabriholic or have stash overload. I have made two purchases this year, both for batting of quilts I made. My stash is getting smaller, and I may have to purchase fabric eventually, but not anytime in the near future. My DH keeps asking " do you need anything at the LQS" and I just say " not yet." I recently purchased a new Tin Lizzie, so, I guess that is my quilting budget for this year, next year and so on (LOL)

pattypurple 04-02-2011 02:25 PM

I fell off the wagon today, but it was for a good cause (that makes it OK-right).
Went to a garage sale for March of Dimes. They had baby quilt top panels in bags for $2 each. A couple of the bags had 6 panels and some had the panel and backing. I didn't take it all (such control!!) but took 5 packages. For my $10 got 16 panels and 3-4 backings. I'll take them to my quilt group to see if anyone wants to finish some. We have a party for Birthright every year and donate quilts to them. So--- I helped out 2 charities today.

Pat

Up North 04-02-2011 02:39 PM

So far this year I spent $1.54 on fabric for a runner for my sons wedding~ But then I am currently unmotivated to sew! spend to much time one here!!

Butterflyblue 04-02-2011 03:11 PM

I went to a quilt show today. Smaller show, but still there were plenty of vendors. I managed to come out without even a scrap of fabric!

mirabelle 04-02-2011 04:02 PM

I haven't completely fallen off the wagon, had to purchase the sashing and border fabric for my Farmers Wife Sampler which was started before Christmas so that is a WIP. My DH is an enabler though (gotta love him) and with the Aussie dollar so high at the moment, he says to me the other night "better start buying fabric honey". I have so far resisted as I am reorganising my stash and it is amazing what you find in the deep dark recessed of the cupboards.
Staying strong (for the moment)!!!!!

crackers 04-06-2011 04:40 AM

Last week my sister asked for pillowcases to go with a quilt I had made for her son. I didn't have enough appropriate fabric to do 2, so yesterday I headed to the LQS and bought a meter of fabric at $13.99/m.
I guess I could have been creative and come up with a solution....have done it many times before..... but just wasn't in the mood.
My sis did offer to pay for the fabric but I said no.

krabadan 04-06-2011 05:35 AM

I was doing okay until very recently. Sorry, I failed and bought some, but the sale was too good to miss..