Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Moratorium Update - Jan 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-moratorium-update-jan-2011-a-t86351.html)

DeneK 01-12-2011 05:03 PM

I'm still on the wagon... I did renew subscription to The Quilt Show and I bought a pattern online. But no fabric

Jennifer22206 01-12-2011 05:19 PM

does it count if my husband bought me some fabric? He bought me the cover page quilt kit from Connecting Threads. :D And some of their clearance fabric. <- without me asking him to.

I only made a 12 yard purchase for fabric for some swaps that I'm in because the swaps struck my fancy - perfect way to get blocks for my friends wedding quilt. :) She loves Asian anything, and so does my one friend who's going through a really bad time.

KiwiQuilter 01-12-2011 07:06 PM

December was a good month. I didn't purchase any fabric for new projects.

But... I have been shopping. Hancocks had a sale with international shipping for free (and 10% off) so I bought basic supplies that I know I will need this year. Those items included applique needles, rotary blades, batting, and some fabric to add piping and binding to a project that I'm currently working on. I thought I was very restrained. :) The items were shipped on the 22nd of December. So far I have only received the batting. Sometimes it can take 6-8 weeks for items to arrive.

My other purchase was a treadle sewing machine. It is in fantastic condition and I got it for a really good price.

great aunt jacqui 01-12-2011 07:31 PM

I planned on continuing to make tops, so now I have 2 done and 1 ready to cut tomorrow. I've removed all the threads, washed ironed and folded...but they are screaming to be finished. I know we can buy backing and batting but I am resisting right now. maybe when I finish #3.?

Do any of you feel that you are working more getting WIPs done? I think I am. Could be the snowed in days.

Blue Bell 01-12-2011 08:00 PM

Jennifer,
Have you received the fabric from Connecting Threads. I, too, like that fabric and pattern and I am trying to not buy it. Please tell me that I don't need it. LOL

Lori S 01-13-2011 06:31 AM

I feel like I am getting stronger on resisting temptation... but I am wondering what it will be like when the dam breaks.

great aunt jacqui 01-13-2011 06:53 AM

We all better get hip waders and floaties..LOL
I think I will sav some $ a little at a time so I am not in the hole financially. For birthday, valentine, presidents day, ground hog day, arbor day, Easter, 4th of july, first day of school and all the other holidays I will ask for $$$$$$. and hide it away. LOL :-P

salmonsweet 01-13-2011 07:03 AM

Hm I've been dragging my feet and whining softly for a little while. I'm really wanting to finish a few things I know I will love to see completed... yet at the moment I'm sloooow.

Spending too much time on here I guess... probably my surrogate for hunting fabrics!

What are hip waders and floaties?... :)

stpatmom 01-13-2011 07:54 AM

I just found this thread and missed the first entirely. Is it too late to join in on the moratorium? I tried this last year, but failed miserably by February.

amandasgramma 01-13-2011 07:56 AM

Well -- i don't recall seeing this before. Even though I haven't bought any fabric yet...I WILL be buying some. I am able to afford fabric and I want to support my LQSs.....I want them to succeed during these hard times.