Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric stashes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-stashes-t146583.html)

Quilty-Louise 08-20-2011 04:37 PM

Sorry if this is a topic that has been run into the
ground, but I could not find any previous posts
about it.

So how big is your stash?
yardage?
fat quarters?
scraps?

I have a rather large stash myself, about 41 bins
that are 58 quart in size (approx. 23x13x17). And
within all these bins there are:
fat quarters = 1-1/2 (at this current time still sorting)
scraps = 4 bins
yardage = more than I can count at this time. I am
however working on trying to sort and refold all my
fabric, as I am doing this I am pulling out ALL the fat
quarters and scraps.

Izaquilter 08-20-2011 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
mine seems to be multiplying every day! LOL I went shopping yesterday, caught a fabulous sale & came home with 13-7/8 yds of new fabric. Was a very good day for me. It was the quilt shops anniversary sale, She was celebrating being open for 2 yrs, I got fabric from her for $4.68 a yard plus 25% off! I save $16. But like i said my fabric keeps growing & growing! I will attach a picture of some of my stash. I have a office cabinet fulllll that is neatly folded & sorted, I have another cabinet, with fabric folded & somewhat sorted & I have 2 dresser drawers full of fat quarters, folded. I love my stash & I love to keep building on it whenever possible. So when I get either in a down mood I go shopping or every so often I call some quilty friends up & we go shopping! Just love it. Now to get motivated..... I do have some estate fabric in the closet too & some WIP where I store all that fabric in Rubbermaid totes until the project is finished. I can't get the closet door open to take pics of the shelves in there but that's ok...it's probably a mess in there!

my fabric stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244469[/ATTACH]

drawer of fat quarters
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244475[/ATTACH]

paulswalia 08-20-2011 04:54 PM

I've been reorganizing my stash - took home empty cardboard bolts from the LQS and and putting anything over a yard on a bolt. So far have done 137 yards and I'm not done. PLUS there's all the bins of pieces smaller than a yard. I need a fabric diet, NOW.

Vicki W 08-20-2011 04:58 PM

I have enough that I have placed myself on a fabric diet. I am working on getting it organized. I would hate to guess how much fabric is there.

Greenheron 08-20-2011 04:59 PM

I cannot match yours but my stash has sent out tentacles enough to engulf the guest bedroom wherein I spent countless lonely evenings scraping off 125 years of wallpaper and then recovering in a lovely wistaria pattern. I open a door a crack, slip in with a sturdy old broom handle, and beating off the reaching arms/legs? i grab a couple of pair of worn jeans, pull them writhing out the door and slash them into trash and useable quilt fabric. Phew. Sometimes of an evening, I tip-toe in with a flashlight (I'm not crossing the room to turn on a lamp.) and with a lightening fast nab, drag away a crumbling cardboard box of remnants to sort. Bwa ha ha. :shock:

fabric_fancy 08-20-2011 05:00 PM

3500 yards (thats when i stopped counting) for insurance purposes i had to count it and i eventually got sick of it at that number.

LisaGibbs 08-20-2011 05:07 PM

I just cleaned and cleared out my stash, putting fabric projects together and have been relinquishing that I don't ever plan on using. I did just do a very bad fabric shopping on ebay this last week or so. Another dozen yards to neatly hide.

raedar63 08-20-2011 05:16 PM

WAAAAAYYYYYY to big, I am getting ready to cut lots of it up and make braided ,woven and crocheted rugs with the bulk of it.

hopetoquilt 08-20-2011 05:18 PM

I have 5 yards of a fabric I fell in love with and can't decide what to do with. I have 5 yards for UFO I just started and two shoebox sized containers of scraps and fat quarters.

Fabric is expensive and I try to use what I have for projects or design a project around what I have. I just made a puzzle piece quilt of scraps that I had.

Aside from my sewing machine, everything I have (tools and all) would probably fit in one large rubbermaid container.

Quilty-Louise 08-20-2011 05:29 PM

I have been getting the cardboard bolts from
any fabric store that I could find empties at.

Originally Posted by paulswalia
I've been reorganizing my stash - took home empty cardboard bolts from the LQS and and putting anything over a yard on a bolt. So far have done 137 yards and I'm not done. PLUS there's all the bins of pieces smaller than a yard. I need a fabric diet, NOW.