Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fabric storage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-storage-t176966.html)

amyjo 01-26-2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 4911058)
I use the bolts that the LQS throws out.. Joannes will give them to you free too..

same here. can get four out of each bolt board and if it is good enough to sell fabric on it should be good enough to store fabric on and it's FREE.

feffertim 01-26-2012 08:44 AM

I use comic boards also. They work really well

Mousie 01-26-2012 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo (Post 4910971)
Do a search on google for comic boards.

are these acid free?
I would love to have some if they are. Thanks for the tip :)

quiltmau 01-26-2012 10:55 AM

amazon.com-I am waiting for the 9th packet of comic boards. At 9.50 for 100 and acid free they are a bargain. Easy to cut as well.
I am reorganizing my room as we speak as DH hated the plastic container on the floor. 4 shelf units and a dresser. I will admit it looks better and is more organized that it was and I can see what I have now. Only problem is Ican also see the tops I have made and not quilted. Love to design and make the tops-hate to quilt them!!

BluegrassGurl 01-26-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Highmtn (Post 4912112)
GramieBJ
Thank you... I followed your lead on that comment awhile back. I like the foamcore board from the $ store. I know it's not acid free so I wrap it in Saran wrap and tape it on. Don't know if that helps...but.. that's what I'm doing to deal with the acid free vs non-acid free comments.

Bluegrassgurl
Is mat board heavier then the comic boards? I like something with a little weight to it. We don't have any comic stores here so I don't know how stiff they are.

Thanks

I am not sure Highmtn --- I have not ever seen the comic boards.

Angel 01-26-2012 11:46 AM

Any stores that sell fabric will give you they're empty cardboard bolts for free.....quilt shops or fabric shops.

quiltmau 01-26-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 4913190)
Any stores that sell fabric will give you they're empty cardboard bolts for free.....quilt shops or fabric shops.

when I asked for the boards I was told they were needed for inventory. I use the comic book inserts.

LyndaOH 01-26-2012 01:52 PM

The comic boards I got were really flimsy. Does anyone have a brand name to recommend?

patski 01-26-2012 07:03 PM

I ask at Joanns for the cardboard from the bolts of fabric. I cut them in half and use them to store my fabric. Works great

amyjo 01-26-2012 07:26 PM

they scan the empty bolt with the last fabric on it why would they need it for inventory? my Joann's is so glad to give them to you they even put them in a big garbage bag for you to carry them out in. I am waiting for shelving to be put up now so that I can empty my totes. Have 8 that are ready to put on the shelves. SIL said he would make whatever I wanted.