Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric at Wal-Mart $7.46 ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-wal-mart-%247-46-a-t179668.html)

CoyoteQuilts 02-17-2012 08:42 AM

I too use Wal-Mart fabrics. I also buy at LQS all over, but there I only buy from the discontinued rack which is sometimes cheaper than Wal-Mart..... I don't need the newest fabrics out there and my pocketbook doesn't like it either. In 2009 I had to have one line that was new and loved and just recently I have found another line that I just might 'have' to have... But both of them are slated for a specific project. One top is done the other in the 'works'. That is why I have a stash, so that I can have a variety without walking out and spending lots of bucks at once.

mighty 02-17-2012 09:09 AM

I wish my Walmart would bring back fabric!

ging10ging 02-17-2012 09:13 AM

I've bought some fabric at Wal Mart before the holidays and it was very nice I forget the name of it you just have to be careful when buying. Sue

Tartan 02-17-2012 09:16 AM

When my Walmart had fabric, there were some of the same fabric I could buy at my LQS but about $5 less. Now we just have the cheap pre-cuts.

momto5 02-17-2012 06:11 PM

None of our WalMarts even carry fabric anymore, at least that I've been able to find...

Gladys 02-18-2012 09:59 PM

All the comments here are very interesting here because I'm sitting here holding pieces of Robert Kaufman and Timeless Treasure material and it feels exactly like the other piece I'm holding which is the one I purchased from Wal-Mart two days ago. Hmmm, Wonder how that happens?

No doubt,there are some fabrics that are very thin and poor in quality at Wal-Mart no doubt, but perhaps there are some of better quality that are being added... that is unless my fingers have lost their touch discrimination.

Gladys 02-18-2012 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 4983336)
When my Walmart had fabric, there were some of the same fabric I could buy at my LQS but about $5 less. Now we just have the cheap pre-cuts.

Tartan, I'm so sorry. Where I used to live that happened.

But here our old store had fabric and when they built the new Wal-Mart the fabric department was transferred and the size and amount was increased. We have about 4 aisles full of fabric.

Gladys 02-29-2012 06:08 AM

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone else who has fabric at their Wal-Mart has these prices. I did notice they have a few new lines and producers too.

pinkberrykay 02-29-2012 06:26 AM

My WM has packaged fabric, package in 2 yards for $10.96. Its not the best fabric and the prints are not pleasing. Not sure if this WM ever had a fabric dept since we just moved to town 8 months ago.

BellaBoo 02-29-2012 06:43 AM

One Walmart nearby has David Textile fabrics which is quilt shop quality for $4.79 a yard. The other Walmarts near by does not have David Textile fabrics. The one that has the DT fabrics, the fabric dept manager orders it directly from the rep. She said all the fabric managers had to do was have the rep come to their store. Walmart has contracts with the company.