Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabulous Quilt store in San Diego (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabulous-quilt-store-san-diego-t177731.html)

appliquequiltdesigns 01-31-2012 09:59 PM

Fabulous Quilt store in San Diego

My husband and I went to San Diego this weekend. I have been looking for fabric for Craftsy BOM that iI am making. I decided to check out a quilt store while I was in SD. I found Rosie's Calico Cupboard. I felt like I had died and gone to quilter's heaven. This store is over 8000 sq.ft. and has over 18,000 bolts of fabric. The people working there were extremely helpful and friendly. If your in the San Diego area you should really check it out.

Janie

JanetM 01-31-2012 10:06 PM

You are absolutely right. Rosie's one of our best quilt shops, but we also have Memory Lane, and Cozy Quilt Shop. I hope you had fun in SD.

Quiltaddict 01-31-2012 10:51 PM

Since I live in San Diego I go to Rosie's all the time and you're right it is a great shop. I also volunteer there in making quilts for kids with cancer for Camp Reach 4 the Sky. Her prices are also the best in town.

jodimarie 02-01-2012 03:20 AM

one of my best friends, lives a few blocks away.....sadly tho, she is not a quilter! I visit every time I fly out to California and like you, drool in the store!!

jodimarie

sew1096 02-01-2012 03:41 AM

I must have gone on a bad day. I had heard so much about Rosie's that I couldn't wait to shop there when I last vistied the area. But I didn't even see the whole shop. I was left feeling that I was intruding and bothering the employees so I didn't stay. I was extremely disappointed.

Do you think I should give it another try next time I'm in the area?

dunster 02-01-2012 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by sew1096 (Post 4931316)
I must have gone on a bad day. I had heard so much about Rosie's that I couldn't wait to shop there when I last vistied the area. But I didn't even see the whole shop. I was left feeling that I was intruding and bothering the employees so I didn't stay. I was extremely disappointed.

It's funny that you say that. I don't remember ever being asked if I wanted help when I was in Rosie's, but the women at the checkout have always been very nice. For me it feels more like a fabric store than a quilt store, if you know what I mean.

Vanuatu Jill 02-01-2012 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by sew1096 (Post 4931316)

Absolutely give it another try!! I also live in San Diego (the north part) and I know once entering the doors, all time stands still until I leave!! It is a quilters heaven, and I found the people there very friendly. Actually, I really don't like sales people hovering over me and just want to be left to wonder and discover-but they are very helpful when asked.

TerryQuilter 02-01-2012 08:45 AM

I love Rosie's!!!!!! I live about 30 miles North, but go whenever I am in the area. I have always had very good experiences with the employees there. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with all the fabric choices and can't concentrate when I am there.

Jim's Gem 02-01-2012 10:48 AM

I love going to Rosie's when I am in San Diego. It has been almost 2 years since I last visited the shop.