Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fall or Christmas fabic question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fall-christmas-fabic-question-t50192.html)

kygirl 06-18-2010 06:45 AM

This may sound like a silly question to some, but apparently not to all.
Can anyone tell me the difference between liking one type of fabric over another.
For instance, could someone like fall fabric but not Christmas. Are we supposed to like them all and forever.

athenagwis 06-18-2010 06:47 AM

I personally find it easy to like and dislike many fabrics, and sometimes what I like one month, I will really hate the next!! Especially when it comes to themed fabrics, I don’t really like themey fall fabrics (leaves etc…), but I Looove almost all themey Halloween fabrics. If you have themey stuff in your stash that you don’t love anymore pass it on!! No need to feel like you have to like it!!

Cheers!
Rachel

granniebj 06-18-2010 06:50 AM

I fall in love with color first I think. A certain blend of color and pattern. I'm not into big prints or really busy stuff. Even at Christmas, I rarely use Christmas fabric, just christmassy colors.

grammyp 06-18-2010 06:53 AM

Nope, don't think we are supposed to like everything. I have some fabrics I just had to have. Loved them. Bought them. Brought them home. Put them in the stash. Found them later and thought "what in the world did I get these for, they are horrible". So, from time to time I just make an "ugly quilt" to get rid of them.

DebraK 06-18-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by granniebj
I fall in love with color first I think. A certain blend of color and pattern. I'm not into big prints or really busy stuff. Even at Christmas, I rarely use Christmas fabric, just christmassy colors.

ditto.

kygirl 06-18-2010 06:59 AM

Thank you kind folks, this question was sent to me today, and I thought, who loves all fabric all the time. Now me, I love the fall fabs, I have a huge collection and don't remember ever getting tired of it. But some others, whew! why did I buy that.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-18-2010 07:36 AM

Same here. I also tend to go on kicks with fabric. I like the poster who said she makes ugly quilts to get rid of what she doesn't like. Too funny! :D
I seem to go on a lot of kicks, fabric and otherwise. At least I have my original husband lol

kygirl 06-18-2010 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Same here. I also tend to go on kicks with fabric. I like the poster who said she makes ugly quilts to get rid of what she doesn't like. Too funny! :D
I seem to go on a lot of kicks, fabric and otherwise. At least I have my original husband lol

I totally agree, my hubby has out-lasted all of my crafting trends. When I make a quilt and look at those colors soooo much, I never want to see or use them again. So I don't see anything wrong with sharing and letting other people have fun with them. But sadly, some people seem to complain about that. So, I was interested to find out if others got tired of their fabrics too.

amma 06-18-2010 09:41 AM

Tastes and styles change... I don't have many seasonals, I tend to buy only what jumps out at me, at the time :D:D:D

shopella 06-18-2010 09:46 AM

I claim the right to change my mind depending on my mood. I don't buy what I don't like at all so I tend to put it up for a while if I am asking why did I buy this? some years later I will remember or repurpos it! Someone told my mom there is no such thing as ugly fabric if it is ugly to you cut it down if it is still ugly you didn't cut it small enough!