Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fat Quarters at Big Lots! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fat-quarters-big-lots-t71614.html)

stefanib123 10-22-2010 08:07 AM

My local Big Lots finally got the fat quarters that everyone was posting about on here!

They were $1 each, and I actually almost overlooked them. I was getting ready to give up and leave, and I happened to look on the bottom shelf, they had them in a basket, you could barely see them. They were in with the scrapbooking stuff.

My son has my camera, so I will have to post pics later. I can't find a brand name or anything on them, but they are a nice quality. The sticker on them just says "Fat Quarter", does anyone know what brand they are?

oatw13 10-22-2010 08:18 AM

I'm not sure of the brand, but many of them are the same prints that Joann's carries in fat quarters so I would guess they are from the same company.

Holice 10-22-2010 08:20 AM

without something on the slevedge it is difficult to know who makes them. Some companies don't put info on the selvedge. The finger test is the best gauge of knowing if they are good quality. I would prewash before using as they may contain different amounts of sizing.

pojo 10-22-2010 08:25 AM

Our Big Lot's are carrying some too.

stefanib123 10-22-2010 08:36 AM

I got 10 different ones, 7 of them are really nice quality, and the other 3 aren't "bad" or anything, just not as thick as the others.

Theres one thats REALLY cute,its an aqua type blue, with kitties on it,and writing that says "cuddle a kitty", "me and my cat", "puuuurrfect","meow",etc. The kittis on it are pink and browns, with hearts and mice, real whimsical cute type stuff.

Does anyone know who makes this one? I know its along shot without a pic, but I LOVE this one, and want to get some yardage of it to make cat beds.

Sadiemae 10-22-2010 08:46 AM

I wish we had a Big Lots store.

Candace 10-22-2010 09:17 AM

I disagree. I think they're of very poor quality. Buyer beware.

quiltluvr 10-22-2010 10:02 AM

I'm with Candace. I only bought two. I checked them out at the store and knew they weren't that good but I figure for $1, what's the harm.

Got them home and they were bad, bad, bad. Any worse and they'd be tissue. On top of that they were cut way, way crooked. I couldn't in a good mind even pass them on so I threw them away.

Lesson learned.

featherweight 10-22-2010 06:47 PM

I seen them too. The only thing I would use them for are maybe pincushions or something like that. They were very poor quality...

GrannieAnnie 10-22-2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123
My local Big Lots finally got the fat quarters that everyone was posting about on here!

They were $1 each, and I actually almost overlooked them. I was getting ready to give up and leave, and I happened to look on the bottom shelf, they had them in a basket, you could barely see them. They were in with the scrapbooking stuff.

My son has my camera, so I will have to post pics later. I can't find a brand name or anything on them, but they are a nice quality. The sticker on them just says "Fat Quarter", does anyone know what brand they are?

Looks like I'll be going to Big Lots after my morning breakfast with the girls.