Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fav Craftsy quilting classes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fav-craftsy-quilting-classes-t283997.html)

cfuzzy 11-24-2016 10:51 AM

Fav Craftsy quilting classes

What are your favorite quilting classes on Craftsy and what makes them so? I've done a couple but would like to know which classes and instructors you found the most helpful and best put together. Every class is on sale today, even less than last week, and I'd like to try a few more but there are so many it's overwhelming so thought I'd ask for some help. Thanks!

Pagzz 11-24-2016 11:30 AM

My favorites are Winnie Fleming's Finishing school better borders and Christina Cameli's Wild Quilting. I have taken lots of their classes.

Dolphyngyrl 11-24-2016 06:45 PM

Patsy Thompson, Ann Petersen, Amy Johnson, Amanda Murphy- I have all of the classes of these instructors- it really depends on the topic you are most interested in.

Sync 11-24-2016 09:39 PM

My favs ...... Creative quilting with your walking foot - Jacquie Gering, Finish School: Better Borders - Winnie Fleming, Creative Quilt Backs - Elizabeth Hartman

cindi 11-25-2016 04:54 AM

I've taken two of Angela Walter's quilting classes, but my favorite by far is Mimi Dietrich's hand appliqué class. I learned SO much in that class and my applique is LOADS better now!

jmoore 11-26-2016 03:46 AM

I like Carol Doak's paper piecing and I have a couple of free motion classes and an older one I purchased on scrap busters. I have also purchased a digital photography class... it all depends on what your interests are and where you feel you can grow from taking a class.

quilterpurpledog 11-26-2016 04:56 AM

This is the most difficult question of the day. I have lots of the classes and have liked all of them except one. And, I know that exception had a whole lot more to do with me than the class or instructor. I really like their concept and I have learned so very much from all of them. Today, I am liking the quick tips from Debby Caffrey. Another day, it is the preciseness of Carol Doak and Angela Walters. I am glad I have a nice 'library'.

JENNR8R 11-26-2016 05:58 AM

[h=1]I'm a real fan of Craftsy classes. I learn the best with this format. The class that gave me the most useful information is "Design It, Quilt It" with Cindy Needham.[/h]

beadywoman 11-26-2016 07:16 AM

Judith Traeger, Patsy Thompson, Carol Ann Waugh, Cindy Needham, Leah Day, and the one that started me on my journey, Wendy Butler Burns. Her art quilt class gave me permission not to be traditional, and Judith Trager's class gave me inspirational wings. All my other classes have fed that artistic urge to create that we all have within us!

kat13 11-26-2016 08:45 AM

I have so many and only had one I didn't care for and no problem your money is refunded promptly!!! Can't beat that!!!! I started with simple and easy classes like Jenny Doans classes 1 and 2!!