Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favorite thing at Harbor Freight?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-thing-harbor-freight-t283764.html)

janecat 11-14-2016 11:35 AM

Favorite thing at Harbor Freight??

I'll be going to Harbor Freight later this week.

In addition to rotary blades, what quilting items do you like from there?

Thanks!

NikkiLu 11-14-2016 11:40 AM

They have a magnetic bowl for parts - great for sewing pins or presser feet, etc. also, a telescoping magnetic stick -great for picking up pins from the floor.

ka9sdn 11-14-2016 11:40 AM

I got the wood workbench that I'm use to hold my selfmade big board. It has 4 drawers and a shelf and it is very sturdy. They have the grips people use in showers quilters use to hold down rulers as they cut. There is always the magnet trays that can hold your pins. Just look around!

Cari-in-Oly 11-14-2016 11:50 AM

Stubby screwdrivers for removing your throat plate, magnet wand for picking up pins, magnetic bowl for holding pins, they have all kinds of plastic storage containers, the list goes on and on. You just have to wander the store with an open mind.

Cari

GEMRM 11-14-2016 01:14 PM

Ditto what all the others said, and if your machine isn't too big, they have some lovely tool bags and rolling tool boxes that will work as a carry case.

tessagin 11-14-2016 01:15 PM

And get yourself a measuring tape that'll fit in your purse. I have a 12', 16', and a 25'. It's great to measure something on the fly. I learned a trick/tip from my neighbor. She placed some items together how she wanted to place in a container. She took a photo with the measurements and added an inch or 2" depending on the need. The photo was a good reference and with the measurements she was able to find the container they would be a good fit. When she got the container and followed the storage placement from the photo, it was a great fit.

jbj137 11-14-2016 02:32 PM

*** 1. Pittsburgh #92630 8 pc. Right Angle Screwdriver w/ratchet mechansim
*** approx. $3.99 great for hard to get at screws.
*** 2. don't know the # but it is a stand up magnifying glass on a small stand with
*** two clips for holding items approx. $3.99.

Jane Quilter 11-14-2016 02:51 PM

.....magnetic lasar light about $5..00,
.....take a coupon and get a free flashlight.

patsews 11-14-2016 03:15 PM

Best thing I bought at Harbor Freight was a CenTech Digital Inspection camera. It is really used for inspection car engines, looking down plumbing pipes, or behind walls. A longarm quilt guild friend showed us how to it to look under the quilt frame to check how the stitches look on the back of the quilt so you can get the tension correct. No more crawling under the frame with a flash light to do this !! Just put the little camera deal under the quilt on the frame and look at the screen to tell if your stitches are good. Got mine on sale, plus a 20% off coupon.

Geri B 11-14-2016 05:08 PM

The laser lite, if you are interested...I thinks it's for carpenters, but works on sewing machines too.....