Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Featherweight 221 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/featherweight-221-a-t311757.html)

ctrysass2012 07-13-2020 06:53 PM

Featherweight 221

I found a Singer 221. Now I can finally stop looking except it needs the carry case. Found at the Thrift Store & it needs cleaning, a motor & power cord but will go to repair when he gets back in the shop in Aug. I'll try to do a pic but since i switched to Win 10 some things are confusing.

toverly 07-14-2020 03:04 AM

Congratulations on your find! You'll love it. I recommend looking at the newer cases for the featherweights. When I purchased mine, it had the typical broken latch from where someone pried it open. It costs much more than I wanted to spend in the end to repair and the old smell never went away. I ended up purchasing a new one and have been totally happy.

WMUTeach 07-14-2020 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by ctrysass2012 (Post 8401658)
I found a Singer 221. Now I can finally stop looking except it needs the carry case. Found at the Thrift Store & it needs cleaning, a motor & power cord but will go to repair when he gets back in the shop in Aug. I'll try to do a pic but since i switched to Win 10 some things are confusing.

My son gifted me a new case for my FW and it is so much better than the original that was literally falling apart. The machines are marvelous sturdy little things, but the original cases don't seem to have the same life span. I would recommend a replacement case.

luvstoquilt 07-14-2020 04:06 AM

So happy you got a Featherweight. I have two..a black one I named Aunt Gertie and a red one named Ruby. I love them dearly and the stitches are just perfect.💕mine both have their original cases..one could use a new handle. It is available at the Featherweight shop online.

SusieQOH 07-14-2020 04:49 AM

I'm so happy for you! I just bought an Arrow FW table and it's really nice. I set up my FW downstairs as it takes up so little space.
You will love that darling little machine. Have fun!

leaha 07-14-2020 07:37 AM

Welcome to the FW club! I have four of the little darlings, and I got 2 new cases for a couple of them, and I refinished the 3ed case. The 4th case was fine so no problem there. I have one black one left and 3 repainted ones. They have a wonderful stitch. I also got the book and DVD on how to care for and fix any problems with your machines, by David R. McCallum, Those fantastic Featherweights, and the Featherweight 221 and I. Like having him right with you and the best part is you can rewind him, LOLEnjoy your new FW and happy quilting!

Jordan 07-14-2020 07:46 AM

Congratulations on your find. I bought one recently and have only sewed on it for a short time but I know I will love it.

cherrybsixty 07-14-2020 07:04 PM

Congratulations on your FW find and enjoy when you get it up and running. I own three and this past Saturday I had to walk away from my fourth find. It's a long story and I'll have to post about it another time. Enjoy yours

Stay safe

cherryb

ctrysass2012 07-14-2020 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for your tips. I'd like to get a case & maybe the power cord before taking it in for cleaning. Can the cord for a 301 be used for the 221?
Attachment 626547

ctrysass2012 07-14-2020 07:59 PM

Sorry about the flip. It was fine in preview.