Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Featherweight nighmare now a dream (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/featherweight-nighmare-now-dream-t58711.html)

treeseek quilter 08-12-2010 12:07 PM

I have a question....does feather weight mean light weight?
The one I just got from ebay seems to weigh a ton...it is heavier than my Bernina. I thought the fw was suppose to weigh around 10-15 pounds.

VickyS 08-12-2010 02:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hope this is legible. Here is the attachment.

Free Motion Quilting attachment for Featherweight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96031[/ATTACH]

In PDF format
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96032[/ATTACH]

fktsewing 08-12-2010 03:27 PM

I am so glad that you got it fixed. As for the seller, I do not care how busy you are, if you are contacted by a buyer with a problem concerning what they bought from you, then you respond in a timely manner. You did the right thing, you contacted the seller one last time and when no response, you filed a complaint---isn't it amazing that the seller responded pretty quickly after that. I would go back in and leave positive feedback on cost, shipping condition, etc but would leave a caution on "sellers communication" Shame on them. If you don't leave some sort of negative feedback on the communication, then someone else, who does not have the wonderful people on this board, really might get "cheated" Now, go enjoy your new little baby.

jlffreeman 08-12-2010 03:55 PM

That's awesome! If you use this foot, how do you get your feed feet to lower? Don't you have to do that in order to free motion quilt?

Dee 08-12-2010 04:50 PM

Glad your machine is humming along now. Have fun!!

Tallulah 08-12-2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by jlffreeman
That's awesome! If you use this foot, how do you get your feed feet to lower? Don't you have to do that in order to free motion quilt?

You can buy a little plate that screws over the feed dogs.

Gerbie 08-12-2010 08:04 PM

Where did you get the plate and the foot? I saw the copy of the foot you had in your post, Thanks. It looks like it is spring loaded.

anniec55 08-12-2010 08:41 PM

Love a happy ending!!! You will enjoy her I'm sure!

Bluelady 08-12-2010 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by treeseek quilter
I have a question....does feather weight mean light weight?
The one I just got from ebay seems to weigh a ton...it is heavier than my Bernina. I thought the fw was suppose to weigh around 10-15 pounds.

Featherweights are very lightweight and pretty tiny. What you got is most likely not a real Featherweight. Sorry

VickyS 08-12-2010 09:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Where did you get the plate and the foot? I saw the copy of the foot you had in your post, Thanks. It looks like it is spring loaded.

No special plate needed. This foot just screws in where the regular pressure foot goes - nothing extra needed.

I got the foot from a dealer at the Alameda Co Fairgrounds Sewing Craft Show a couple of years ago, but due to time, never tried it out. The foot works great on the featherweight.

See foot installed, example of the work, and my machine

The free form foot installed - next to regular pressure foot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96337[/ATTACH]

Example of free form quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96338[/ATTACH]

Singer Centennial Edition - 100th year (1955)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96339[/ATTACH]