Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Feeling better about PP, but still having some discouragement (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/feeling-better-about-pp-but-still-having-some-discouragement-t151407.html)

DaylilyDawn 09-09-2011 02:14 PM

Your block is so beautiful! I downloaded almost all of the patterns to try. Now to get some ink for my printer so I can print the patterns out.

RobertaMarie 09-09-2011 04:01 PM

Nice pattern and beautiful combination of fabrics! Hope it gets easier for you and you show us the whole quilt when it is done. (I personally don't paper-piece :(, drives me nuts)

gramquilter2 09-09-2011 04:15 PM

I love your block, you did a great job on it, love the colors.

Wanabee Quiltin 09-09-2011 05:00 PM

Wow, that's pretty. Looks great to me.

sewbeit 09-09-2011 05:34 PM

ditto..so congrats on your first block..i too took a class..was all thumbs..i tried it again a couple of times,still not getting it..but im not giving up..try a real sharp needle..real short stitch and see if you either need to move your needle either way or try different feet..maybe even a zipper foot..it's only straght stitching..good luck

mariebaker 09-09-2011 06:21 PM

looks really nice-love your color choices :-D

IBQUILTIN 09-10-2011 01:33 AM

That is a gorgeous block. Maybe try using a fresh needle they dull pretty fast on the paper

Sandyb 09-10-2011 11:57 AM

I am sewing on my new (old) kenmore and for whatever reason, the needle does not follow the middle of the foot.
If you have an older Kenmore make sure your zigzag is exactly on "0" otherwise you may be slightly off in your straight stitch. I don't know if that could be why your needle is off but I know that with my Kenmore I can adjust my zigzag from very slight to very defined.

Joyce Ann 09-11-2011 10:08 AM

Try an open toe foot so you can see the lines. Your block came out beautiful. Keep at it you will grow to love it

Maybe1day 09-12-2011 07:28 PM

alderdweller I think what you have done looks great. Love the pattern too. Feeling your discouragement though as I too have been working on some paper piecing for the last border of the IRR I have been working on. Should have had it finished and posted ages ago so am very pleased that the person I am sending this too has told me not to hurry.

I paper pieced two sides of the border over 2 weeks and when I went to piece it to the quilt I discovered that the pattern doesn't match around the corner so back to the drawing board.
Another week of getting acquainted with "jack the ripper" some readjustment and still not going to happen. Back to the pattern to see if I can figure out what I am doing wrong - darn it I have only left out the centre block. Okay. back to the LQS for more fabric and made up the centre blocks, took apart the first ones to sew these together with the missing segment. Cozying up with "Jack" was all for naught, still a no go so it has been back to the drawing board for me and I have given up paper piecing for now deciding that if I don't concentrate on doing what I do know instead of trying something new then the poor owner of this top is going to think it has been purloined down under never to be seen again :lol:

Maybe1day