Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fell off my roller chair!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fell-off-my-roller-chair-t33713.html)

LindaR 01-10-2010 06:57 AM

I've backed up thinking I was close and had the chair scoot out from under me...in a hurry I think, always!

QuiltingGrannie 01-10-2010 07:01 AM

My granddaughter reached for a pen while on her computer chair, sitting at the computer and fell. Chair went one way,she went the other. She broker her clavicle! She's only 3 and it's the second time she's broken her clavicle. Once per side!
Be careful everyone!

dakotamaid 01-10-2010 10:15 AM

I found that out of the four roller chairs in our household that the ones with 5 "feet" are much more stable but you still have to be careful!!

Bobbinwinder 01-10-2010 11:03 AM

Rolling chairs...I'm sure most of us have a story or two to share. Mine didn't take place in a sewing room...I was working. The building that housed our office controlled the heat...it was cold enough that all of us used those small ceramic space heaters in the footwells of our desks and we really used them evidently because when I found myself on the floor we discovered that I hadn't really broken the chair...it failed because the plastic had weakened in a stress point due to the heater. We had to replace 4 chairs! Be cautious with those tiny space heaters...they're probably not intended for 10 hour non-stop daily use while aimed at the wheels of a rolling chair.

paintedquilt 01-10-2010 11:14 AM

How many of us quilters have broken bums :?: :?:

Tiffany 01-10-2010 11:35 AM

Geesh, I've fallen out of my chair too and I don't have one with rollers! At least you ladies have a good excuse. ;)

jbud2 01-10-2010 03:52 PM

I have a office chair with rolling wheels at my computer and at the sewing machine. For some unknown reason, while I was on the computer, I passed out. I must have fell forward and the chair went backward, and I hit my mouth on the way down to the floor. I don't know how long I was out but when I opened my eyes, I didn't recognize the underside of my desk right away - a different-than-normal view! My lip was split and bleeding. Hubby and I were to go on a weekend trip and so he was home. I called and called him - the dog came running and the barking got my husband's attention. He came running upstairs and got me up and cleaned up the blood on the carpet. I was a bit woozey but cleaned up my face and realized I had cut threw my lip. I knew I would need stitches so he took me to the ER. I got the stitches, but they called my family doctor and she KEPT me in overnight and I had the ABC of tests! I was released the next day with no reason why I passed out. My doctor would not let me drive for a month!!! This was 2 years ago and it has never happened again. If I had not needed stitches, I would not have gone to the ER. The doctor said you would have told me, right? Since it was going to be another 3 months till a regular visit, I probably would have forgotten it! The funny thing is, that I had to go see her to get the stitches out. She did NOT have the right tool to cut them out!!! OMG! A week or so later, I felt something irrittating in the same area, and when I investigated, I foung another stitch so I clipped and pulled it out myself. LOL!!

Boston1954 01-10-2010 03:59 PM

Yikes! You were lucky. Funny how stuff builds up when you are not looking.

Tiffany 01-10-2010 04:08 PM

jbud - how scary! I'm glad you are okay now. Good thing your dog was able to alert your hubby! Still, scary, scary, scary!

Sheree from Chicago 01-11-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Justok
My sewing chair is on rollers and suddenly I was on the floor, just started laughing at myself, didn't get hurt. I turned the chair upside down to fix it and found out the reason why it broke. There was so much thread wound up in all 4 rollers it just wouldn't roll anymore. I always clean my brush on my vacuum but never thought to check the chair.

Pretty damn funny in that the same happened to me. My husband now cleans them out regularly. loL
PS: I'm glad you didn't get hurt