Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fellow addicts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fellow-addicts-t50840.html)

SuziC 06-22-2010 10:25 AM

I know that most quilters have the "extras" that we must have like thread, needles, fabric in every color and style, rulers, cutters, etc. But what about our machines??? How many of you have more than one machine? I know to sew you can do it on just one, but i have found myself with 5 machines! I don't know how that happened?? It must be magic! I have a new home that i use quite a bit, a janome in a different room and 2 sergers for "other" sewing and i'm waiting for my new singer. Do you think i need a support group??? :shock:

pstoner 06-22-2010 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I know that most quilters have the "extras" that we must have like thread, needles, fabric in every color and style, rulers, cutters, etc. But what about our machines??? How many of you have more than one machine? I know to sew you can do it on just one, but i have found myself with 5 machines! I don't know how that happened?? It must be magic! I have a new home that i use quite a bit, a janome in a different room and 2 sergers for "other" sewing and i'm waiting for my new singer. Do you think i need a support group??? :shock:

I think that's why we are all here, I myself have 5. Uh oh, and I have been eyeing the 6th.

mytwopals 06-22-2010 10:29 AM

Sewing machine, Sewing Machine/Frame/Qbot combo and Serger here.

QBeth 06-22-2010 10:32 AM

In order of age:
1951 hand-crank Singer for use at car shows,
1950's electric Singer "portable" that weighs a ton (in storage, for now),
1980's era Pfaff Hobby that I leave in work for the quilting class I teach,
1990's era basic Baby Lock (gave that one away recently),
late 1990's era Baby Lock 8800 (I use this for piecing), and
2007 Husaqvarna/Viking Sapphire (long throat space) for quilting.

I think that's five total. Easy to accumulate machines; as skills grow, so does the need for a fancier machine. Trading in old ones isn't always cost effective.

lots2do 06-22-2010 10:32 AM

I have three functioning machines and one (shh) in the basement that I need to get out to Goodwill. Looked at four in a charity shop today but wasn't tempted.
Welcome to the club!

littlehud 06-22-2010 10:39 AM

I love sewing machines. I have a Janome, a Brother, a Pfaff, a White and the big boy, a Juki. And a frame for the Juki. How did this happen. Oh there is a Singer too.

virtualbernie 06-22-2010 10:41 AM

I have 9 sewing machines of various ages that I can think of off the top of my head (some work and some don't) and 2 sergers. I have a Singer treadle on the way... :roll:

Bernice H in Calif 06-22-2010 11:00 AM

37 yr old singer futura
25 yr old singer
10 yr old singer-puchased to take to classes-old ones too heavy.
2004 euro pro-mothers day gift
brand new singer C250
1985 simplicity 3 thread serger
euro pro 4 thread seger
white 3300 embroidery machine

I am a srious addict' :lol: :lol: :lol:

momymom 06-22-2010 11:05 AM

I currently have 4 machines.
A 1956 Singer from my maternal grandmother
A 1959 Singer from my paternal grandmother
A 2000 Singer I bought to replace a Brother I threatened to shoot
And a Bernina 153 that I do all my peicing and quilting on.
I've had my eye on my DH's grandmothers treadle, BIL has it.

saf45 06-22-2010 11:13 AM

oh oh ,5 and really want a new one lol