Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   'fess up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fess-up-t146681.html)

running1 08-21-2011 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
my studio is always in some state of mess.

the section devoted to dyeing, painting, printing has a floor that looks like a jackson pollock painting.

I'll bet it looks pretty cool, though!!

SMR 08-21-2011 06:04 PM

Neat and creative sometimes just don't work together. I'd rather be creative.

sarahrachel 08-21-2011 06:28 PM

well as the sewing area is also part of my bedroom which is never clean and only gets cleaned when absolutely necessary, I will admit to fabric lying all over my room, started quilts hanging over whatever was convient and boxes of scraps where I won't trip over them.

Though when I stop quilting for whatever reason (in this case being a part time student with a part time job) I throw an old stained and so creased even the iron won't take the crinkles out over the machine and leave everything else where it is. maybe I'll clean it this week...

tmg 08-21-2011 06:44 PM

I don't clean up much. All my sewing is done on the dining table where we eat. I just move it all down to the very end to set the table to eat. My machine goes onto the floor to make room for everyone.

The only time I do clean up is when my hubby starts threatening to throw my stuff away (the war is on). Then I just move it all to our bedroom. It drives him crazy because he is a neat freak and I an not.

jitkaau 08-22-2011 02:56 AM

I believe there is a difference between 'work mess' and slob mess. I will not have anyone tell me that a few bits of material and thread on the floor is 'dirty'. It is work in progress that will not attract germs or vermin. Therefore, it gets tidied up when I am finished.I wash my dishes and clothes and body on a daily basis so feel quite justified with my philosophy...

DebsShelties 08-22-2011 02:57 AM

I like to try to keep my sewing room neat and orderly so if people stop by, it's the room they want to sit in to visit.

Riversong 08-22-2011 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by dltaylor
I am guilty of cleaning up after each sewing session

ditto

quilt crazee 08-22-2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
YES I belong in the slob catagory,right now my whole house belongs in that catagory,just can;t make myself get up and clean,would rather be sewing

me, too! Only truthfullyI'm having so much trouble W/stairs it makes it hard to get stuff from one floor to another!And no bathroom on the main floor! YES whining! LOL!!!

BarbP 08-22-2011 03:26 AM

I have too many things going at one time to clean up! Right now I'm working on a scrap quilt so there are scraps everywhere and I'm also refolding my fabric on boards. I'm just finishing quilting a wallhanging but that's almost done. When I really clean up then I can't find anything!

Krystyna 08-22-2011 03:29 AM

Wishing I was tidy, but sad to say I'm not.