Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It is FINALLY FINISHED!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finally-finished-t170958.html)

Mitch's mom 12-04-2011 03:16 PM

It is FINALLY FINISHED!!!!

Today at 4:11pm Central Time I sewed the last stitch into the binding of the quilt from hell. I can't wait to see the thing out of my house.
That is all.

Atomicdog 12-04-2011 03:31 PM

LOLOL!!! This is priceless!! I had to read it aloud to the family. I'm very happy for you and would love to see a pic of this "quilt from hell"!! Congratulations I think!

sharon b 12-04-2011 03:32 PM

Can you post a pic for us ? Glad it is finally done and you don't have to deal with it anymore that is always a GREAT feeling :)

alwayslearning 12-04-2011 03:37 PM

Oh, please show us a picture!!!

Lori S 12-04-2011 03:38 PM

Funny you should bring this up ! I too just finished the last stitch on a binding for quilt that was ... well... not exactly my favorite( being very polite) .. by a long stretch! Like you I can not wait to get it out of MY HOUSE. I will be at the post office tommorow first thing and get it on its way!
I feel such relief , I can completey relate to how you are feeling! Now on to sewing something FUN! PS I rewarded myself with chocolate!

Mitch's mom 12-04-2011 04:00 PM

I have to take pictures tomorrow when the light is better. I'll post them tomorrow night - promise.

I just pulled some Christmas prints out of my stash to make some mug rugs for the girls at work. That is my reward, to make something I want to make, that doesn't take the gestation period of an elephant to finish.

Carrie Jo 12-04-2011 04:11 PM

I have had a couple like that ... glad your done with it.

BuzzinBumble 12-04-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom (Post 4751233)
I have to take pictures tomorrow when the light is better. I'll post them tomorrow night - promise.

I just pulled some Christmas prints out of my stash to make some mug rugs for the girls at work. That is my reward, to make something I want to make, that doesn't take the gestation period of an elephant to finish.

You have made me crack up twice in one post. :D I know just how you feel too! By the way, just how long is an elephant's gestation period? I still can't wipe the smile off my face. LOL! Can wait to see your pic tomorrow night!

auntpiggylpn 12-04-2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 4751292)

You have made me crack up twice in one post. :D I know just how you feel too! By the way, just how long is an elephant's gestation period? I still can't wipe the smile off my face. LOL! Can wait to see your pic tomorrow night!

Oh Oh I know this one!!! The gestation period of an elephant is 22 months! I am currently a student in a Registered Vet Tech program and we had to know this last month for our final!!! I guess I really am learning something!!

BuzzinBumble 12-04-2011 04:33 PM

Wow! 22 months... those poor mommy elephants! Can you imagine? LOL You get an A+!
(I like your signature quote too)

Okay, here's one they won't teach you at Vet Tech school:
Do you know how to tell when it is that time of the month for an elephant?

There's a quarter on your dresser and your mattress is missing! (hee hee) ;)