Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finally went to my first guild meeting and.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finally-went-my-first-guild-meeting-t101993.html)

Joanieu 02-22-2011 06:34 AM

I had a blast. I really did enjoy myself and will be joining after next month's meeting. To be honest with you, after reading some posts here about guilds I was very hesitant about joing one, but once I went I did have a good time and saw some beautiful quilts. I was amazed about all the charity work they do. Now I need to decide what charities I want to help on without going over board, especially since I want to continue doing Project Linus which is very close to my heart. I went with Debbie Umphress who is a board memeber here and she helped me out a lot - when the meeting started I felt like we were back in school and were gonna get in trouble for talking (whispering) and laughing in the back row... lol - and you should have seen her go up and give one of the members a dollar for dancing - we had a performance by a member's daughter and it was way too funny. Debbie is as crazy in person as she is on this board. Thank you Debbie for inviting me and becoming a very dear and wonderful friend. ♥♥♥

Mazda 02-22-2011 06:37 AM

That is great!

littlehud 02-22-2011 06:45 AM

It sounds like a wonderful time.

redkimba 02-22-2011 06:57 AM

Glad you found a good local quilt guild.

lovingheart 02-22-2011 07:19 AM

Wish I could have been there!

beachlady 02-22-2011 07:20 AM

It is good to know that there are some good guilds out there.

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 07:22 AM

not all guilds are bad...I belong to 2 that are great and 1 that is the total pits...

debbieumphress 02-22-2011 07:42 AM

Joanieu-glad you had fun. We don't always dance and play. LOL. I couldn't refuse going up and giving Pat a dollar. She was really doing a dance -gotta love her. Now you can go to my other guild and join too. We forgot to mention, we met another member of the board there...quiltdoctor. She came up to meet us. I already knew her but Joanieu had just chatted on here with her. And she called me a hoarder...oh jeesh..... Joanieu also rec'd a beautiful red rose and a badge with her name on it. Your guild road has just started. *H*U*G*S* Did I tell you I always got in trouble in school for talking too? Can you imagine. That's why I had to keep my grades up so wouldn't get in as much trouble. ♥♥

debbieumphress 02-22-2011 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
not all guilds are bad...I belong to 2 that are great and 1 that is the total pits...

I read your post on that. Just like you, the ones you love the least are always the closest. LOL. I think it would be fun to visit more around the area, but if you want to participate fully, then three would be enough. ROFL....Hope you enjoyed your guild last night too.

Raggiemom 02-22-2011 07:54 AM

I'm glad you found a good guild.