Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Find anything good at Joann's Labor Day sale?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/find-anything-good-joanns-labor-day-sale-t149992.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 09-03-2011 07:39 AM

Glad you're finding things!! We need to boost the economy, right??? hee hee :thumbup:

I forgot to look at patterns but I don't feel like going back :)

Honeynga 09-03-2011 07:41 AM

Stopped at JoAnns in Douglsville GA on my into Atlanta.....they are in the midst of remodeling and most things are topsy turvy..........I'm not good at digging through stuff....spent a whopping $5 and got out of there...might stop by back by tomorrow....depends on what I get today at Hancocks......

Vanuatu Jill 09-03-2011 08:16 AM

I got a big roll of fusible Pellon and some sew-in for purses I plan to make-used my 40% coupon on the pellon-bought WAY too many FQ"S at $.99 each, and some bits and pieces off the notions wall-oh, and another purse pattern (I have several now, and have never made one - yet) and found some stunning teal for backing on my whitework sampler quilt-unfortunately, it wasn't on the clearance table! Not much there and it was really messy-I have a bad arm/shoulder and couldn't manage lifting heavy bolts/rolls of fabrics. I bet all the good stuff was either under them, or in other shopper's baskets!! All in all, it was a fun day-and I was really surprised how fast the cutting table went!! Saw a few ladies with their baskets LOADED - and one had her DH pushing a SECOND cart!! Glad I wasn't behind her at the cutting table!! I also used the 20% off everything coupon so I saved a bundle!

pojo 09-03-2011 08:19 AM

I went today didn't see much.
All I bought was 3 fat quaters and a turn cutting mat.
THey aren't busy like they used to be since we got a Hobby Lobby.

winterpromise31 09-03-2011 08:34 AM

I went shopping there last night! Bought a new package of rotary blades. Some fabric I needed for the quilt top I'm working on. And some Christmas fabric so I can make table runners for Christmas presents this year. Spent $75 and saved over $40! I was happy.

Ardelle Coult 09-03-2011 08:43 AM

I just printed the 20% off "printable" coupon -- it states in the fine print "no photocopies". Going this morning so we'll see.

toomanycats 09-03-2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi,

I'm not sure if I will be going to Joann's this weekend, only 9 miles away but you never know.

ours in redding was packed at 9:30 yesterday. lines everywhere.
just noticed craftybear that you have the same bday as my husband only he was born in 1949.

Vanuatu Jill 09-03-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
I just printed the 20% off "printable" coupon -- it states in the fine print "no photocopies". Going this morning so we'll see.

Printing off the computer is not the same as photocopying-your supose to print it off their website-but not re-produce it by making copies. I used mine yesterday with no problem. I printed another today to see if I can use it an another Joann's today. We'll see.

GagaSmith 09-03-2011 09:40 AM

I got batting w/ my 40% off coupon, two bundles of fat quarters (one is the Christmas fabric Holiday Inspirations which is reg price $9.99 yd) for $5 each, some machine needles 50% off, some regular fat quarters for .99, and clearance fabric (Debbie Mumm) for $2.00 yd. Also some other fabric. I was pleased with my haul.

Kim T 09-03-2011 10:01 AM

Hancocks also has 50% off of all quilting supplies Sunday and Monday. I am going to go get some thread and a 1/4 inch foot.