Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   finished another quilt top in January (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finished-another-quilt-top-january-t177446.html)

ckcowl 01-29-2012 03:30 PM

finished another quilt top in January

1 Attachment(s)
i am very happy with this quilt- it is so bright- it just (SINGS) to me :)
i Love making French Braid Quilts- they are enjoyable to me- and this one did not take me long- i still have to quilt and bind it of course-but the top is finished
it all started with trying to figure out a 'hot pink & black quilt' for my neice-
i was trying to use my stash only- (which i did)
i loved working on it- and was so proud of it when i got it done- i took it to show it off a bit and was informed by a number of people i
REALLY MISSED THE MARK! as far as a pink quilt goes- it's way too orange---
so---
neice won't be getting this one- i will try again- but i still love this one- even if it is more orange than pink :)
it was nice to make a whole quilt without having to 'shop'
i finally used some fabrics i've had on the shelves for 2 or 3 years that i just couldn't seem to figure out what to do with-
i am happy i waited for this quilt to use them.
ok- i'll stop patting myself on the back & show you the picture...

barny 01-29-2012 03:35 PM

Well, I think it is beautiful! Keep it for yourself. I love it. Barny

bakermom 01-29-2012 03:38 PM

WOW that is beautiful! if that is missing the mark, well too bad for them. I think your color selection is wonderful

momto5 01-29-2012 03:39 PM

Beautiful! You need to keep this one for you! (Or send it to me if you feel guilty about keeping it...:))

breezyquilts 01-29-2012 03:42 PM

WOW, great colors, love it!!!

twixbar 01-29-2012 03:46 PM

It is beauriful.

ckcowl 01-29-2012 04:26 PM

thanks everyone- i probably won't keep it- it sings to me- i love it- but i have a young granddaughter who LOVES orange---and she will be turning 12 next year- time for replacing the (child like princess quilt) with something a little more grown up- i'm thinking i might actually do a little embellishing on it--not that it necessarily needs it- but i may add something to it and finish it up for a really early done gift---she would LOVE IT too...she is a child after my own heart :)
and her older sister recieved (Ashley's Ocean) bargello quilt for her 12th birthday---so anyhow-
i'm so glad to read that it's not just me---that others like it too- last weekend had me feeling kind of down about it---thanks for boosting me back up :)

cheaha39 01-29-2012 04:55 PM

Much to pretty to gift, she will be very excited, your quilt is beautiful.

sewjoyce 01-29-2012 04:57 PM

I just love that quilt ... it sings to me too! And I'm sure you're 12 yr old GD will love it as much as you do...

LindaM49 01-29-2012 05:18 PM

WOW...that is gorgeous. I could NEVER come up with something that looks that great with all of those different fabrics.