Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Finished Homemade Design Wall (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finished-homemade-design-wall-t112959.html)

TonnieLoree 04-02-2011 02:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
First of all thanks for everyone that send suggestions and links for making a design wall. Originally I thought about purchasing a tri-fold display thingy made out of cardboard. For some reason, it looked smaller than I remembered it to be when I first saw it. Okay, put it in the basket. I walked around a few corners and saw moving boxes of various sizes. Hmm. I looked at the largest one and it was a whole lot larger than the tri-fold. About half way home, I did a head slap as I remembered that I still had the box that my 4" crafting table came in. Aargh!! Now today, 3 days later I use basting spray and tack up an old flannel sheet, cut to size and used duct tape to keep the edges secured.

The blocks that are up there are a WIP, I have more blocks completed, but they are now listed as run-aways because I can't find them. (Moving :thumbdown: ) I know they are here somewhere. :lol: Since I always have rolls of duct tape around, and the flannel sheet was given to me, plus I had the cardboard, total cost of my design board is $0.00. That's a great price, and in reality, this was a very easy project that took just about an hour. I should mention that the finished dimension measures approximately 4' x 4'.

LeslieFrost 04-02-2011 02:18 PM

Good job!

Your headslapping moments are ones I call: honest to pete, why didn't I think of that before?

SueJ 04-02-2011 02:53 PM

You are funny! I enjoyed reading & keeping up with your saga but it gave me an idea for a big empty box & a flannel tablecloth....

Painiacs 04-02-2011 03:17 PM

Very nice!! Can it be done without basting spray! ? I have asthma

TonnieLoree 04-02-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by SueJ
You are funny! I enjoyed reading & keeping up with your saga but it gave me an idea for a big empty box & a flannel tablecloth....

Probably, using the table cloth is a better idea! I had the flannel and am such a tight-wad sometimes. Yes, the dollars do squeal when they are coming out of my billfold.

wolfkitty 04-02-2011 03:20 PM

Great idea! And I love your blocks! I just got a book with that pattern, and I want to make it all in one color. I wondered what it would look like. Thanks for the help on that, too!

TonnieLoree 04-02-2011 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Painiacs
Very nice!! Can it be done without basting spray! ? I have asthma

I don't know about that. Is there someone that could spray for you.? I did this outside and didn't notice any fumes, but I don't have asthma, maybe they are there. I couldn't tell, because the wind was blowing. I bought these extra thick face masks when I was working on removing about a hundred layers of paint on some moulding. Other than steaming up my glasses and making my eyeballs sweat they worked just fine.

extra thick face mask
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178795[/ATTACH]

BeeNana 04-02-2011 03:26 PM

Great idea, right price!
Block are out of this world!
The mask with the lipstick
is the final touch :lol:

TonnieLoree 04-02-2011 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by wolfkitty
Great idea! And I love your blocks! I just got a book with that pattern, and I want to make it all in one color. I wondered what it would look like. Thanks for the help on that, too!

It is a Jinny Beyer pattern called "Dimentions", I think. In my case I will rename it "Dimentia". Oh shoot! The top block on the left hand side isn't turned right. :lol:

Sewsweet 04-02-2011 03:29 PM

:thumbup: