Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   first time quilting by machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/first-time-quilting-machine-t4061.html)

vicki reno 01-15-2008 05:34 AM

Looks Good! :thumbup: There will be no stopping you now. BTW the walking foot is great when trying to piece rows where seams need to match up. Once you get started you will find that you use it for lots more than just quilting. Good work!

moreland 01-15-2008 05:59 AM

You have found a wonderful "secret" to machine quilting. I couldn't figure out why my back puckered the first time I tried machine quilting (35 years ago--doing a baby blanket for my youngest child). I bought a walking foot 16 years later (because I couldn't get velvet to feed right through my machine and I was doing a prom dress.) I soon tried it for quilting and from then on, no more puckers on my quilts. Wonderful.
Your quilt is cute, too.

Chele 01-15-2008 06:08 AM

You go girl! How did you keep the sandwich together while quilting?

Diamonds 01-15-2008 06:21 AM

It looks great....

Connie Hadba 01-15-2008 07:36 AM

Your dog's quilt is very cute. And you've done a good job on the quilting as well. Congratulations, you have crossed a quilting hurdle. As everyone says, now there is no stopping you.

Connie

cassiemae 01-15-2008 10:35 AM

[b] VERY Very nice job keep working on it. I also like to stitch in the ditch and do stippling and meandering. With my Pfaff it has the integrated dual feed which is also known as the walking foot and I love using it .

ef :P

julie 01-15-2008 02:52 PM

I bought the walking foot for my Bernette 65, I call it my baby Bernina, and I love it. I had always been daunted by the idea of machine quilting, thinking I was doomed to either hand quilt everything, which I enjoy, but don't always have the time for, tying all my quilts or paying someone else to machine quilt. No more! I can do it myself! It's fabulous. I feel so smart now! :D

Lois-nounoe 01-17-2008 04:57 PM

I bought a box full of sewing stuff from a second hand store and among the other things was a walking foot that will fit my machine! It was, of course, the selling point for me. I have yet to try it even though I have done four or five quilts since. :oops: Just need the nerve to try it. Can you do curved lines with it or only straight ones? I know you have to drop the feed dogs for free motion ( haven't done that yet either) but not the walking foot. I am just more confident doing the hand quilting but it does take MUCH longer and it is hard on my arthretic fingers. I am also concerned about doing a queen sized quilt with machine quilting. Any suggestions and/or encouragement? :lol:

live2teach 01-17-2008 06:46 PM

What a cute dog quilt and you did a wonderful job quilting it! :)

cutebuns 01-17-2008 06:58 PM

very nice. People will be jeolous of your dog. Trying new things is scary when you are not sure how they will turn out. good job