Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Flattening a rotary mat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/flattening-rotary-mat-t176.html)

Punksmom 12-10-2006 10:27 AM

I had it hanging in a closet. :oops: It very well may have gotten to warm. Thanks for the reminder.

cheryl222 02-06-2007 07:22 AM

I know this is a little late, but just found this wonderful forum. Anyhow, my map was severely warped due to being left in a hot truck for several days. I took it outside and laid it on my tiled patio and left it in the hot sun for the day and presto! Flat as when I bought it. Hope this helps.

Suz 02-06-2007 08:01 AM

Cheryl,
We are all coming to your house!!! Where do you live? I live in Central Pennsylvania and the temp is hovering around 10 above zero but this does not include the windchill which I think makes it actually -14. This has been going on for several days now and will not end until Wednesday if we are lucky.
I'm a good cook and I can clean in exchange for the use of your sunny patio!!
I'm glad you came up with a solution to your warped mat problem. Thanks. Suzanne

cheryl222 02-06-2007 08:34 AM

Oh, Suz, I wish you could make it here in wonderful Southern New Mexico. After growing up in the Midwest snowbelt, I truly appreciate this climate! Since you don't have the sun, why not try laying on the floor (no carpet), cover with a towel, and using your iron, gently "melt" it flat - I don't think you would leave the iron on a section for too long, jusat to warm it. CHERYL

Suz 02-06-2007 08:39 AM

Cheryl,
Mine are not warped. I just wanted your "SUN" and warmth!!! It is sunny here but bitterly cold. School was delayed again today, basketball games have been postponed, etc.
Thanks for the info. Suzanne

Knot Sew 02-06-2007 08:49 AM

I have only one cutting board; it is a Fiscars. After the first round of cutting it had lots of cuts.
Later this Spring I will purchace a new one. Which one gives the best value ,price wise and in durability ?

cjtinkle 02-07-2007 02:55 AM

The Olfa green mats hands down, in my opinion are the best.

kathy 02-07-2007 05:09 AM

It's the only one I've used but I've looked at some others and they just look too slick and hard.

cathy1953 02-07-2007 06:44 AM

If you have a small piece of unused wallspace could you put one of those plastic stick on hooks and hang it on that?

Those kind of hooks I see advertised on TV that are supposed to stick yet when you pull down on it, it comes off.

I think WalMart has those. That's another storage solution for me that I will have to try for my mats and rulers.

Punksmom 02-07-2007 07:05 AM

Cheryl,
Thanks I tried your sugestion of ironing my mat, and it worked like a charm. Now I have two mats ( can never have to many), as it was impossible to use the warped one until your cure. I just love quilters they are always there to help you. :)

LOL Liz