Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   FMQ is not for the weak! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fmq-not-weak-t115171.html)

deedum 04-10-2011 08:05 PM

I am exhausted, just finished FM on a full size bed, it can be very challenging at times. Gee, it either goes well or it don't! Anyway I decided it is not for the weak!!! My friend wanted me to show her how, thinking it is just something I can show her in a minute. That lasted about 30 seconds and gave up. Either I am a very very slow learner or it just takes a lot of stammia and will power. I do believe it must be the latter!! I am improving each time, but it just can't be for the weak I am sure of it!
Ok, thanks for listening, I am off my soap box now!

BETTY62 04-10-2011 08:13 PM

Keep on trying as it will get better as you go along.

Pickles 04-10-2011 08:13 PM

Good for you at least you are trying it I haven't gotten up the nerve to do it, but well jump in someday soon I hope :-D

amma 04-10-2011 08:18 PM

Can't wait to see it!! Glad that you didn't give up on it :D:D:D

connie d 04-10-2011 08:19 PM

I'm just curious what kind of machine did you use?

TonnieLoree 04-10-2011 08:20 PM

I have to take a break about every 20 minutes with FMQ. You are right, it is not for the weak, but it is for the determined. I even use gardening gloves with the thumb and forefinger cut off to save the wear and tear on my wrists (carpal tunnel).

deedum 04-10-2011 08:22 PM

I will post pics as soon as I can, I have done a pink turning twenty quilt and now a green one! I hope to someday be able to put kites on baby quilts, or butterflies, etc, be really creative, but for now just to almost perfect this darn FMQ thing is my challenge! I am close! Really close!
Thanks everyone!

TonnieLoree 04-10-2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
I will post pics as soon as I can, I have done a pink turning twenty quilt and now a green one! I hope to someday be able to put kites on baby quilts, or butterflies, etc, be really creative, but for now just to almost perfect this darn FMQ thing is my challenge! I am close! Really close!
Thanks everyone!

Right there with you on your determination! It is not as hard as some make it out to be. :lol: I just finished FMQ on a log cabin wall hanging. Need a good nights sleep with fresh eyes to complete the binding tomorrow.

deedum 04-10-2011 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am using my old Singer 15, born in 1951! She is a tank, I call her "Matilda" after a very dear lady. The feed dogs drop, and she just moves along quickly! I have fmq on my Janome MC, it is ok, but not like this one. This one is just heavy, just like it was made for FMQ! I love it! Love it!

deedum 04-10-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by deedum
Thanks everyone!

Right there with you on your determination! It is not as hard as some make it out to be. :lol:

Your right! It is more about practice and practice and determination!