Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Forgot to take a picture! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/forgot-take-picture-t86391.html)

craftyone27 12-30-2010 11:47 PM

Does anyone else do this? I got so excited about finishing the tabletopper for my DB and his new wife that I forgot to take a picture of it. I have done this twice before with projects that were made as gifts. It really irks me when I realize what I've done as I like to have pics of my work in case I want to make another like the completed project. At least they are close by,I can ask them to take a pic of it on their table and email it to me. Just wondering if anyone else does this?

KandiKane 12-30-2010 11:50 PM

Yes I have done that alot , but you can ask them to take one and send it to you ..that way you can see how they like it

Becky Crafts 12-31-2010 02:39 AM

My DH did that this year after making the granddaughters wooden jewelry boxes of his own design. He's been kicking himself ever since! Was so happy they were done & afraid they wouldn't get them in time, he just packed & shipped them immediately.

Ann L 12-31-2010 02:46 AM

I do it ALL the time. That is why I don't have pictures of most of my quilts.

QuiltnCowgirl 12-31-2010 04:00 AM

I did that with one of the baby quilts I made this year. Wrapped it up for the baby shower & then remembered to take a picture! Luckily it was for my step-niece, so a week or so after the shower I picked it up, took my pictures & returned the quilt to her.

grann of 6 12-31-2010 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Does anyone else do this? I got so excited about finishing the tabletopper for my DB and his new wife that I forgot to take a picture of it. I have done this twice before with projects that were made as gifts. It really irks me when I realize what I've done as I like to have pics of my work in case I want to make another like the completed project. At least they are close by,I can ask them to take a pic of it on their table and email it to me. Just wondering if anyone else does this?

Yes, I've done that. This past summer I made table runner for Mich relatives that I visited and forgot to take pics of them. I almost forgot to take a pic of my daughter's table runner for Christmas. The day before I had to take it out of the gift bag and take a pic of it. I made a twister and wanted a before and after of it.

raptureready 12-31-2010 05:13 AM

I forget to take pictures, forget to put labels on, forget why I was making that one, etc. Age I guess.

kateyb 12-31-2010 05:19 AM

I've done that many times. Sometimes I can get a picture from the recipient but not always.

amma 12-31-2010 10:25 AM

I have very few pictures too, I either forget or my camera throws a fit and won't work :roll: :D:D:D

Earleen 12-31-2010 04:15 PM

I had all my pictures of finished projects on camera well the grand-girls were decorating the tree and after they left my camera was funny and all pictures came up at once so I pushed a button and dear oh dear all picutres gone. I had a clean card. Maybe the people I gave them to will take a picture for me. DUH