Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   FQs at Tuesday Morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fqs-tuesday-morning-t231883.html)

Lori S 10-06-2013 02:41 PM

I never seem to hit mine at a time when they have much in the sewing/crafting section. Thanks for the tip .. I 'll keep checking.

QuiltnLady1 10-06-2013 02:45 PM

Boo Hoo -- all the Tuesday Mornings around us closed.

charsuewilson 10-06-2013 02:55 PM

I've never seen any indication in their ads of any fabric or sewing/quilting supplies. Do all the stores have them?

Candace 10-06-2013 04:19 PM

Just an FYI, I bought several of the FQ packs there and at least one FQ out of every combo pack was irregular. I suspect that's why Tuesday Morning got them. There are streaks, blubs or missing printing on at least one FQ. Not a big deal if you plan on cutting around it. But, the ones they have now with the Pink Panther or black and white combos are definitely "seconds" or rejects.

ILoveToQuilt 10-06-2013 04:57 PM

I just bought a package of 7 FQs ($2.99) @ TM: 4 tonals (dk. blue, lt. blue, teal and dk. pink), a large polka dot, a hot pink with white pin dot stripes, and a light blue plaid. Couldn't find any manufacturer markings on any of them. Seems like decent quality, maybe the same as the $5.99-$6.99/yard JoAnn's fabric. Will use them in scrap quilts.

My TM's didn't seem to have any other craft items, with the exception of a few skeins of yarn. Since it is next door to the grocery store I go to, I will keep checking for more quilting items and fabric.

Anita

moreland 10-06-2013 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 6334378)
Never thought of looking there for fabric--thanks for the tip.

Ours just has them once in awhile.

BETTY62 10-06-2013 07:40 PM

Wow. That is a great find. I will be going into the city this week and will drop by Tuesday Morning. Hope they have FQs there.

Lucio 10-07-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6334786)
Just an FYI, I bought several of the FQ packs there and at least one FQ out of every combo pack was irregular. I suspect that's why Tuesday Morning got them. There are streaks, blubs or missing printing on at least one FQ. Not a big deal if you plan on cutting around it. But, the ones they have now with the Pink Panther or black and white combos are definitely "seconds" or rejects.

I passed up on a really nice pastel print fat quarter set with coordinating jelly rolls because the fabric was very poor quality.

quiltsRfun 10-07-2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lucio (Post 6335929)
I passed up on a really nice pastel print fat quarter set with coordinating jelly rolls because the fabric was very poor quality.

Yeah, some are better than others. I've passed on quite a few too but I'm always on the watch for the good deals that come along once in a while.

Yooper32 10-08-2013 03:26 AM

There isn't a one anywhere near here. I used to go to one over in VA before my daughter went and moved from Elkton, to Mississippi.