Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Free motion quilting feet that work great for Brother PQ1500 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/free-motion-quilting-feet-work-great-brother-pq1500-t153565.html)

kiffie2413 09-16-2011 08:44 PM

Hi,
Since I have had several pm's in response to my post about the fmq finally going good for me due to new feet I bought, I said I would do a post about which ones I bought, and where I got them...so, here goes:
I got both of these from thesewingoutlet.com
Darning Foot 6031-High Shank
Open Toe Darning Foot P60437-High Shank
Total for both was $33.58 including shipping.
I also just bought the "Big Foot" by Lynn Graves, from Ebay for $26.95 includes shipping.. will let ya'll know how it works.

Background:
I have been having quite a time with my fmq, finally noticed
when I held up the foot that came with the machine and compared it to the 2 above, it seems longer/taller than both of them...which would explain why I had the "whp" (weird hollow popping) sound, and all the needle breakages...anyways, since I have been using either of the other 2 feet, have had no "whp" sound, needles breaking, or thread breaking...I have had such a great night!! Now, I must be totally honest and say that the feet have not made me the "Queen of FMQ" :wink: , and I still will have a lot of practice to attempt to get beautiful even stitches, but at least now I am enjoying it!! Hope this helps ya'll, and any more questions, just let me know.. have a super night,
Kif

snipforfun 09-16-2011 09:13 PM

I use the one that is made for the Juki. They are basically the sme machines.

kiffie2413 09-16-2011 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow

More good info...thanks

chairjogger 09-16-2011 10:39 PM

thanks for the post.. I feel out of step if I confess I use a Brother machine.. Love the big foot ! have used it off and on for 8 years !

Thanks,
Ell
PS, I always striving to be "Queen" of any kind of quilting.. Congratulations !

MacThayer 09-16-2011 10:51 PM

I don't know the Juki. Is it a high shank or a low shank machine? I have a CE4000 Brother. It is a low shank machine. Do you think any of the Juki feet would fit that?

Thanks for your time and consideration!

kiffie2413 09-17-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by MacThayer

I don't know the Juki. Is it a high shank or a low shank machine? I have a CE4000 Brother. It is a low shank machine. Do you think any of the Juki feet would fit that?

Thanks for your time and consideration!

The machines we are talking about here are high shank. I also have a Brother PC-420, it has low shank..If I am trying to find something or research, I also google search alot, to get information..good luck to you!

kiffie2413 09-17-2011 10:42 AM

[quote=chairjogger]thanks for the post.. I feel out of step if I confess I use a Brother machine.. Love the big foot ! have used it off and on for 8 years !

Thanks,
Ell

I hear you! I really don't understand it, though...I have had great luck with my Brother machines, and actually aren't we all just trying to make "lovelies" and enjoy our hobbies?..Even if I could afford a different, more expensive brand, if it seemed to do the same thing, I wouldn't take it...just mho...Leaves me more $$ for fabrics, etc...And, we money challenged, er frugal, er?? want to be able to make lovely things, too...:-D...Now, I must admit to my mouth watering just a tad when I check out the Handiquilter set-ups, tho...
My dh is making my quilting frame, and now that my PQ1500 seems to like me ok, I can't wait to see how we play together with the frame...
Take Care,
Kif
PS Thanks for the info about the "Big Foot"...can't wait til mine comes in and see how it does...

true4uca 09-17-2011 10:56 AM

I did have a chance to try a friends 1500 on a b-line frame. My meandering was so much better than what I do at home without a frame. Wish I had the $$ to consider a frame. :lol:

Marge L. 09-17-2011 02:06 PM

I do a lot of fmq on my Brother 350SE and not ashamed at all. Also use my Viking Designer I but actually prefer the Brother. Don't really know why, just do.

kiffie2413 09-18-2011 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Marge L.
I do a lot of fmq on my Brother 350SE and not ashamed at all. Also use my Viking Designer I but actually prefer the Brother. Don't really know why, just do.

:thumbup: :thumbup: