Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Freezer paper... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/freezer-paper-t45235.html)

Pam 05-09-2010 07:54 AM

Sometimes my printer aggrivates the living daylights out of me, too!

tatavw01 05-09-2010 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hi Kitsie, I use eq printable foundation sheets, here is why; it feeds in the copier like a piece of cake. The best part is that it's thin enough that you can leave it in. No more take out the PAPER!!! which for me it's a good time. here is a quilt I designed and paper pieced use this paper
my two cent

tatavw01 05-09-2010 08:27 AM

I use eq printable foundation sheet, the feed like a piece of cake in the copier and are so thin you can leave them in. I love them and are worth every penny...

Old man- New quilter 05-09-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by bronnyb
May I be nosey and ask how much a roll of Reynolds Freezer Paper is off the shelf in the US?
I might be asking for some of that paper in my next exchange - the ONLY place I've seen it here - at a quilt shop - it was $18 for the box.
I've not seen freezer paper at any supermarket or grocery shop yet - but I'm looking!
bronny

Can I send you some??? Seriously, I will if you'd like..

Lyn4ty 05-09-2010 10:26 AM

Great thread, have learned a lot on this one. Never gave it a thought to use freezer paper for PP before. I love this board and all of you!!

salmonsweet 05-09-2010 11:07 AM

Hey Kitsie! Glad to see you're deciding to give freezer paper a try after all. :) I find I can reuse my freezer paper templates about half a dozen times or so. Enjoy, and please post pictures for us of what you're making! Can't wait to see. :D

Kitsie 05-09-2010 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
Hey Kitsie! Glad to see you're deciding to give freezer paper a try after all. :) I find I can reuse my freezer paper templates about half a dozen times or so. Enjoy, and please post pictures for us of what you're making! Can't wait to see. :D

Thanks Salmon! It's because of your help with that tutorial that I'm doing this. May be able to post a picture later today. Have stitched together one unit, now doing the curved seams but going to feed 12 horses their grain first.

LastGrandma 05-09-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Sandy
Best place to buy Freezer paper is Walmart. It's cheaper there

We got A LOT at Costco a couple of months ago! Good Quality and cheap!

Kitsie 05-09-2010 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kitsie
I want to use Freezer paper piecing on a new pattern. I need 33 copies of the design (see below) but I can't seem to get the FP to feed thru the ink-jet printer and I REALLY don't want to copy it by hand!

OK tried ironing just a narrow strip of the top of a slightly smaller sheet of FP to a normal piece of paper and it went thru just fine...so far! 32 more to go!

If there are other ways I'm a good learner!

Awright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First piece done! Not perfect but I've learned something new! Only 32 more to go! I feel like we are all doing it together.

Sun, the first piece
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54309[/ATTACH]

Pam 05-09-2010 01:33 PM

That looks great!