Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustrated!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustrated-t216977.html)

pyffer3 03-21-2013 07:30 PM

Frustrated!!!!

I was moving right along on my newest quilt endeavor. Everything went really well for the top and then the gluing of the top to batting and back to batting. Then I started quilting the sandwiche. I couldn't quilt a straight line to save my soul! Then my thread kept getting bunched up. Finally, I figured that one out....the thread had come loose from the top of the machine and I had lost tension there. Next, the thread kept sticking and jamming the bobbin. Took the bobbin out and switched it with another one. That worked. I guess the bobbin maybe wasn't wound right. Then I got in a groove again and had sewn from top to bottom the entire middle portion (the hardest to get in the throat) -- or so I thought. I watch the bobbin all the time to make sure I don't run out of thread...but this time I ran out of thread from the top!!! I wasn't even paying attention as I was trucking right along and all was going smoothly.....Am I the only one this happens too! I feel so silly just sewing without the top thread. I have put it aside until the weekend to take a break, plus I need more thread! LOL

narnianquilter 03-21-2013 07:36 PM

Trust me I know the feeling! I had a quilt a few weeks ago that in every stage of the process from cutting to binding something went wrong. Cut the wrong sizes, did like the colors, sewed a few blocks backwards, backing kept wrinkling, thread kept snapping...it was terrible! What made it worse was it was a charity quilt, and I had to have it done by a specific day. Drove me nuts,

beckalou 03-21-2013 07:42 PM

Sometimes you just need to step away from the machine, even if only for a few hours, to break the bad juju that is going on, lol. Seriously, tomorrow will be a better day. :)

Sachis2112 03-21-2013 08:19 PM

Oh my... I swear I live my life this way. I know that I'd be diagnosed with some form of attention deficit disorder if I let anyone get close enough to me to examine. :shock:

Barb_MO 03-21-2013 08:32 PM

Things like this have been happening to me for a month or so. I get so sick of a project before I'm finished...but I'm not giving up.

cathyvv 03-21-2013 09:19 PM

You're not the only one - I do my best sewing when I run out of thread...no mistakes. :thumbup:

mom-6 03-22-2013 12:56 AM

Cathyvv - you know, that is true for all of us! I do believe you have found the key to perfection.

gabeway 03-22-2013 04:51 AM

Those frustrations come for everyone! Whether quilting, piecing or even cutting when that ruler slips.

toolazy 03-22-2013 04:57 AM

Just wait until you've ripped something out and sewn it exactly the same WRONG way again LOL .

I feel for you. These things are the reason why we learned certain words in high school ....

Quiltngolfer 03-22-2013 06:57 AM

When things go like that, take a little break from your sewing. Have a cup of soothing tea, relax, read on the quilt board. Then get back to it. All will be better. We all have those days when nothing goes right. Good luck to you.