Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustration-t35389.html)

skpkatydid 01-28-2010 09:42 PM

I seriously need to vent. I purchased 2 sun printed blocks (subject turtles) . I am making up my own pattern for a wall hanging , it uses logs and corner blocks around the turtle blocks. (The blocks are to be set vertically.) I haven't worked on a quilt for a while, or for that matter any sewing, so I am rusty. My piecing is slightly off especially on the small corner blocks. But I felt that I could work around that if I couldn't completely make adjustments. So I continued to sew , joining the turtle blocks together in the center of the future wall hanging. One of the small block junctures was very "off"....then I realized the turtle blocks are not the same size. I have a real mess. I don't really want to take it completely a part,but I don't know if I would be happy with it if I don't. I have thought about embellishing the quilt in the "off" areas. I will try to fix as much of the worst area as I can....I just get frustrated when things go wrong and I get impatient with myself. thanks for listening.

amma 01-28-2010 09:49 PM

(((HUGS))) I hate when this happens!!!
The blocks should have been the same size, we shouldn't have to measure everything :roll:
I hope that you can get it all worked around in a way that you are happy with :D:D:D

ScubaK 01-28-2010 11:22 PM

Can you post some measurements and some pics so we can help!
K

skpkatydid 01-28-2010 11:24 PM

I will try. Right now I am just too frustrated with myself for being impatient and for forgetting to measure the main blocks.

skpkatydid 01-28-2010 11:29 PM

I have already had to rip out stitches and sew strips over and over. I think this might be one wallhanging that I put away for a while and return to it when I am less upset.

blahel 01-29-2010 12:29 AM

sorry to hear that you are having problems :cry: it probably is a good idea to put it away and maybe try something else..thats what I do when things dont go quite how I want them to..chin up!

tlrnhi 01-29-2010 12:31 AM

I hate when that happens!
I sure hope you can figure out and get it fixed!

lisalovesquilting 01-29-2010 02:15 AM

I'm so sorry. Keep us informed.

MamaBear61 01-29-2010 05:17 AM

I feel your pain, was working on a quilt top yesterday, blocks sewn together in rows, then add a sashing and another row. The day before things went really well and I got 5 of the 9 rows sewn together, yesterday however there was on row I rippped out three times, it just would not line up and when I finally overdcame that issue went to put on a sashing piece and I completely sewed it on upside-down (directional fabric). Time to step away from the sewing machine :evil:

Ninnie 01-29-2010 05:27 AM

We all have days like this. Took all day to make a 12" block this week, kept sewing the pieces wrong, had cut some pieces wrong, sewed a row upside down, ETC: LOL Just walk away for awhile, and the n you will think how you want to fix it.