Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fun ideas for quilt shops...can you add any? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fun-ideas-quilt-shops-can-you-add-any-t262847.html)

mlt150 03-19-2015 08:01 AM

Fun ideas for quilt shops...can you add any?

Just wondered if your local quilt shop employ fun ideas that you enjoy? My shop has a red carpet coming up where we can show our quilts/creations for all to see with food, camera shots, and interviews. Look forward to it. Other things they have done with all staff participating:

% off fabric for those wearing PJ's

typical Halloween dress up for % off

Downton Abby Day- % off all DA fabric and I dressed in period clothing (maid) to pass tray of goodies.

various contests for Nation Breast Cancer Month

A feast is served on their store anniversary.

With every purchase, a chance to win a day with salesman and picking a collection for the store and free 10 yards for yourself.

These are a few and wondered if you have some favorites?

Dianne

quiltstringz 03-19-2015 08:16 AM

WOW ! I think I want to come to your LQS, we have a tone of them near us but none of them have done anything like this. Think I will have to suggest it - I especially like the PJ day!

ManiacQuilter2 03-19-2015 09:48 AM

Sounds like you have a fun shop. I know a friend of mine works at a LQS and they are selling single strips of a jelly roll. Seems to be a hit there.

MarLeClair 03-19-2015 10:31 AM

Once or twice a year our LQS hires a bus limo and we are driven to two other quilt shop. At the starting quilt shop we have breakfast, the second we have lunch and the last we have dinner. The shops make the meals or have it catered. Lots of fun and I'm sure a lot of money changing hands.

lynnie 03-19-2015 11:11 AM

nothing like that here on the island.
one will raffle off a gc for say $25 once a month.

Sharonquilts 03-19-2015 11:53 AM

My nearest stores are chain stores and the 2 locally owned stores I have only visited once. I typically shop the chains because their prices are better and they offer discount coupons frequently. Your LQS sounds like a fun place to shop. Lucky you!

Billi 03-19-2015 12:46 PM

Mine often has something going my favorite is strip club one Saturday a month they showcase a new strip pattern if you come to the demonstration they give you the pattern for free. Can't make it Saturday? The do it again the following Monday evening. If you return to the next club meeting with a completed project from the previous demo you get a discount to use that day.

mom-6 03-19-2015 01:57 PM

Only thing that I know of close to me is scraps by the pound. These are odds and ends trimmed from things they've long arm quilted or maybe from their own projects.

Dolphyngyrl 03-19-2015 04:40 PM

% off green fabric st patty's week, similar sales for other holidays, batting(stuffing for thanksgiving week)
% off yardage superbowl sunday. weekend retreats with prizes, and chocolate. Show and tell.

Lafpeaches 03-19-2015 06:16 PM

Bee Crearive every 4th Thursday of every month for 5$. Lasts about 1 1/2 hr. Demonstrates new products, patterns which can be purchased for 15% off. Bring something for show and tell and get 15% off any regularly priced item in store. We have a lot of fun and share ideas.