Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Funny Coincidence? Pictures added (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/funny-coincidence-pictures-added-t4622.html)

jacquemoe 06-20-2008 02:57 PM

Well, Lisa, that just shows you how much you liked that pattern. Actually, I've done things similar to that. Kind of weird, huh?
I didn't know about your hip replacement and oh, my gosh, I sure hope everthing turns out well for you. Prayers to to you, girl. Keep up the great attitude you have.

beachlady 06-20-2008 04:18 PM

Oh dear Lisa, hope all goes well for you. I still have in home PT for another week and then will start doing out patient for a month. They say knee replacement is the 2nd most painful sugery - 1st is cutting open the chest. My knee is already better than it was before surgery and my other knee has also improved, so I can hopefully put off that surgery for a few years. Will say some prayers for you.

ddrobins1956 06-20-2008 05:41 PM

Obviously, the dear quilter, from the past, wanted her work completed. So, wahlah, she simply put her unfinished pattern in your path. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me. :roll:

lisae 06-20-2008 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
Obviously, the dear quilter, from the past, wanted her work completed. So, wahlah, she simply put her unfinished pattern in your path. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me. :roll:

As good as any other explanation. :) I do like working with old materials and tops. I am currently hand quilting a top that I bought from a street sale and restored.

lisae 06-20-2008 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Oh dear Lisa, hope all goes well for you. I still have in home PT for another week and then will start doing out patient for a month. They say knee replacement is the 2nd most painful sugery - 1st is cutting open the chest. My knee is already better than it was before surgery and my other knee has also improved, so I can hopefully put off that surgery for a few years. Will say some prayers for you.

It sounds like you are doing well. I hope you continue to improve. It does make a difference getting a good joint, doesn't it? I read some thing I liked regarding joint replacement - you wind up with a good hip/knee. Not a natural hip/knee, but a good one...

Thank you for the good wishes! I am lucky - on the continuum of cancers, mine is minor.

lisae 06-20-2008 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Well, Lisa, that just shows you how much you liked that pattern. Actually, I've done things similar to that. Kind of weird, huh?
I didn't know about your hip replacement and oh, my gosh, I sure hope everthing turns out well for you. Prayers to to you, girl. Keep up the great attitude you have.

It is a good pattern - simple but interesting.

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers. By the way, my hip replacement is why I never sent you the top for you to practice free motion quilting on . . . It sort of fell by the way side. The past couple of months have been very busy for me...

Lucky Patsy's 06-21-2008 11:43 AM

Glad to hear you are doing okay! How about a cathedral window for the doctor's waiting room?

estherblair 06-22-2008 05:41 PM

Lise , So glad your doing better , yes keep those hands busy it inproves the mind haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. happy quilting :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

lisae 08-10-2008 07:09 AM

I thought I'd update this thread. I mentioned that I was diagnosed with DCIS (a form of breast cancer - very early, non invasive). I had surgery (lumpectomy) in late June, and discovered I actaully had second tumor, an early invasive cancer.

I was told that I would not require any more sugery, so I thought I would have radiation and be done with treatment. However, I am not. My radiation oncologist asked me to get a MRI before beginning radiation. I had the MRI last week and they found four more suspect areas, 3 in one breast and one in the other. So I will have biopsies of these areas and take it from there. Hopefully the areas will be benign. I am tired of the process, doctors, tests, etc, although I feel perfectly healthy.

At least my hip is doing well. I've been hiking and climbing and going to pilates and yoga classes. I'm also cutting pieces for a future quilt from my friend Lyn'v vintage scraps. And getting back to the orginal topic of this thread she is using the same pattern to make a quilt from the scraps. Fun!

Marcia 08-10-2008 07:33 AM

Wow-sounds like you have a great attitude and positive outlook!! Both are important for your recovery. The fact that you have "bounced back" from your hip replacement tells us all that nothing keeps a good girl down :D Hope all goes well for you--please keep us posted. You will be in my prayers.