Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   funny thing happened today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/funny-thing-happened-today-t64633.html)

trisha 09-14-2010 10:49 AM

Well it just goes to show that we are all pretty much cut from the same cloth doesn't it? Needed a good laugh
!!!

craftybear 09-14-2010 10:50 AM

oh no, so did your hubby get in trouble???

grammyp 09-14-2010 10:51 AM

And he didn't even notice. That is the really funny part.

Quilter7x 09-14-2010 10:52 AM

That would be hilarious if it was recorded and sent to America's Funniest Home Videos! So glad you can laugh about it! :lol:

wolph33 09-14-2010 10:56 AM

lol-I have brought quilts downstairs and forgot to clip the bobbin thread-but never made it out of the house

wvdek 09-14-2010 11:01 AM

Oh my! At least your quilt was safe.

amma 09-14-2010 12:00 PM

LOL that is hilarious :D:D:D

Mousie 09-14-2010 12:49 PM

I guess you told your friend, "I'll be right over. Just as soon as I get a few loose ends tied up!" :lol:

Magdalena 09-14-2010 01:00 PM

That is a great story! One day I came home and found thread all over the house. My cat decided to jump on my sewing table, knock the thread spool down the floor and my dog must have thought it was a bone and decided to play "cat and dog" all through the house. It was funny.

Rettie V. Grama 09-16-2010 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
Today was my sew day at my friends house. Last night I had my flynn frame knock off all set up with my sewing machine. I had run the needle down through the quilt and pulled the bobbin thread up and just left it like that. Later I went down to pack up my sewing machine and proceeded to just slip the quilt frame off the machine and pack it up.

Well, this morning I asked my DH to please go downstairs and carry my machine up for me and put it in the car. So..he did. All of a sudden I hear my DD screaming OH NO!!! DAD STOP!! Turns out that I forgot to undo the thread that was in the quilt. The thread went around the corner of my sewing room, down the hall, upstairs through the kitchen, around the corner to the Living room, out the front door, down the steps and then along the sidewalk to the driveway and then wrapped around the car to the back where it was hanging out of the car with the hatch door down!! :lol:

When I got to my friend's house later the bobbin was completely empty! We all had a great laugh about that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you had to have been there.......... :lol:

No, I didn't have to be there to get a good laugh out of your thread guide to your car. LOL. This could have happened to anybody that sews, I sometimes get a thread or a raveling string caught on my ankle. It is a frustration to begin with, but funny when you suddenly find the culprit and realize in your turning and twisting round and round trying to find it that it has wrapped around both legs several time.