Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   which fusible fleece for Bow Tuck bag? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fusible-fleece-bow-tuck-bag-t138891.html)

jaciqltznok 07-19-2011 09:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was wondering what fusible fleece you use for this or any bag you make!
I can get the pellon fusible fleece:100% Polyester. Iron in full lofty body to fabric. Use for appliques, machine quilted and padded craft projects, or a Bosal fusible fleece:100% Polyester. For quilting and crafts. Fuses in place where a slightly padded look is needed. Use in creating quilts, soft sculptures and garments. Dry clean or machine wash on warm setting. tumble dry on low. Use a warm iron if needed.
I am leaning to the Bosal as the pellon says it is a full lofty fleece..not sure I want a puffy bag!

Which would you suggest if these were your ONLY choices?

Bosal Fusible Polyester Fleece 22in x 1yd
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229177[/ATTACH]

Pellon Fusible Fleece 45in x 60in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229178[/ATTACH]

katier825 07-20-2011 01:01 AM

I haven't seen the Bosal before, but the Pellon is about the thickness of Warm & Natural batting if that helps. Maybe even a little thinner.

knlsmith 07-20-2011 01:10 AM

The pellon is about 1/8 inch thick but has a tight "weave" IMHO. I don't think it's puffy at all, but that is also subjective.

I haven't heard of the Bosal before, where did you find it?

BUT I really like the Pellon. It isn't puffy, but it does help with the shape. There is a stiffer pellon that you can find at Walmart, but i can't remember the number. It is denser than the 987.

NauDeeGal 07-20-2011 01:24 AM

I haven't heard of the bosal. I have used the Pellon and like the results. The fusible Pellon IMHO is perfect for totes. Just curious where did you find the Bosal?

jaciqltznok 07-20-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
The pellon is about 1/8 inch thick but has a tight "weave" IMHO. I don't think it's puffy at all, but that is also subjective.

I haven't heard of the Bosal before, where did you find it?

BUT I really like the Pellon. It isn't puffy, but it does help with the shape. There is a stiffer pellon that you can find at Walmart, but i can't remember the number. It is denser than the 987.

I can get the Bosal at www.checkerdist.com. They make like the fusible grid stuff and many other fusibles.

The denser one at WM used to be Thermoplus. I just LOVE that stuff for tablerunners/placemats because it lies so smooth!

Ann Marie O 07-20-2011 05:38 AM

I just made my first Bow Tucks purse and used the Pellon. I was happy with the way it worked out and don't think it is too puffy.

0tis 07-20-2011 05:56 AM

I have only used the Pellon fusible fleece - I like it.

cherylynne 07-20-2011 06:14 AM

I use the pellon. It isn't puffy at all, just gives the fabric some body and substance.

Terryl 07-20-2011 06:30 AM

The pattern calls for the pellon, I used in for one of her other bag patterns, LOVE it, definiately not puffy.

Ginaky 07-20-2011 09:02 AM

I use the Pellon 987 Fusible fleece, but I just got a new one in from www.byannie.com to try. It has a totally different feel, but I haven't used it yet--I will this weekend.