Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gadgets! Do we ever have enough? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gadgets-do-we-ever-have-enough-t219971.html)

hopetoquilt 04-25-2013 05:27 PM

I love gadgets. I put an item on my amazon wish list and if I still want it a month later, I feel more justified in purchasing. Right now, I am limiting myself to a few go dies, fabric and replacing worn out items because it is all I want.

quiltingcandy 04-25-2013 05:42 PM

I LOVE GADGETS!!! I love the quilting gadgets and kitchen gadgets - I watch "In the Kitchen with David" on Sunday mornings and if they have a craft show I watch it too. And quilt shows, oh my, gadget haven! A friend of mine went with me to the Road to CA and we had a ball looking at all the toys. And when I read of new items here, I check them out. I don't buy them all, but they are fun. An example, so far I have no trouble threading needles but I love the needle threader by Clover, and got the home-made stand that has the small pin cushion and a pin for the thread to put it on. Won't bore you with all my toys, but I did buy the Accuquilt Go - and keep looking at the dies at least once a week to see if there is anything new. I try to buy gadgets that will work, but they do attract me like moths to a flame.

BellaBoo 04-25-2013 05:48 PM

I love quilting gadgets and buy them to try them out, not necessarily to want to use over and over. I have the Alto Quilt Cut 2 and the Go. The QuiltCut is quality built and the mat is one of the best I've used but I spend too much time fiddling with the fabric getting it lined up just right to cut. My strips will have the V in the middle more then not. For me it works best using smaller size fabric to cut.

sewingsuz 04-25-2013 06:45 PM

I cannot fit one more of anything in my room. Eikkkkees!!!!

Rhonda Lee 04-25-2013 09:12 PM

It's good to know I'm not alone! Thanks for the input. Like I say its Sew Much Fun.

DOTTYMO 04-25-2013 10:19 PM

Definitely not.as we progress and our bodies change so we require different gadgets for other reasons.

AliKat 04-26-2013 08:45 AM

I got my Alto's QuiltCut 2 many years ago. I think it was even before my first hand surgery. I am soooo thankful I did as the arthritis has taken a toll on my abilities to cut comfortably. I store it under my TV cabinet in the living room. Even though I have the carrying case I made a rip stop nylon cover so I could keep it cleaner.

An video of this is at: sewezquilting.com

stitchinwitch 04-27-2013 03:00 AM

Ya really did it now - didn't ya? I went to their web site and watched the videos, and became quite interested. I have 14 sewing machines, about every ruler and template made, have binders and binders of patterns. and enough fabric to make a quilt for everyone in our town and the next one. My problem is that I haven't finished one in a long long time! ...I cannot be tempted, I cannot be tempted, I CANNOT be tempted!! Thanks a lot, yeah thanks a lot!

stitchinwitch 04-27-2013 03:03 AM

oh! I just saw the price! WOW - and it doesn't even have a motor....'looks like I"ll be passing on that after all.

judylg 04-27-2013 03:16 AM

I have wondered about the cutting gadgets, but not done any more than wonder about them. Do they ever get dull? It makes sense that they might eventually as everything wears out. Going to a quilt show next weekend and will see if any of these gadgets are for sale.