Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Game ideas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/game-ideas-t53288.html)

dglvr 07-07-2010 08:52 AM

I'm looking for game ideas for a sew day. I'm doing a raffle but would like a few other ideas. Thanks :wink:

UglyCook 07-07-2010 08:57 AM

Button Toss - Trying to toss buttons into cups or onto cd's

Rip 'Em - Sew some scraps together and race to see who can Frog them the fastest

Bobbing for Bobbins - Put plastic bobbins in a bowl of water and see who can pick all of hers up the fastest using only her mouth

Cutting Blind - Have everyone take a 6 inch square of fabric and follow your directions to cut out a mystery shape. See who gets the closest. (ie. cut up 1/2 inch, make a 90 degree turn and cut 1 inch, etc.)

raptureready 07-07-2010 09:00 AM

Cut some fabric into pieces for blocks. Have each person sew one or two or three (depending on how many people you have but to end up with 12 blocks) Then draw names to see who gets them. Or have each person bring a certain size block and draw for them.

You could also play a name the block game. One of the magazines Quilter's World perhaps, used to do that. Have a black and white rendition of the block and ask what it's name was. You could make up however many you wanted and then copy them.

dglvr 07-07-2010 09:07 AM

Some great ideas. Uglycook, what is frogging? I've heard that term before but unsure what it is. Thanks you guys for helping.

amma 07-07-2010 09:21 AM

Unsewing...riiipppiiit it :D:D:D

UglyCook 07-07-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
Some great ideas. Uglycook, what is frogging? I've heard that term before but unsure what it is. Thanks you guys for helping.

It's from "ripping it out" ....rip-it....ribbit....frogging? :mrgreen:

Maggiesmom 07-07-2010 10:54 AM

Cut 5 inch squares from scraps. Give everyone a square and then a number starting with 1. Put duplicate numbers in a bag. Pull out a first number and then a second number. The first person has to give her 5" square to the second person, the second has to give both squares to the third person, then all go to the fourth person whose number you call until you have called all the numbers in the bag and that person gets all the 5" squares. If you don't have too many people you can do this several times, It is fun.

dglvr 07-07-2010 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by McQuilter
Cut 5 inch squares from scraps. Give everyone a square and then a number starting with 1. Put duplicate numbers in a bag. Pull out a first number and then a second number. The first person has to give her 5" square to the second person, the second has to give both squares to the third person, then all go to the fourth person whose number you call until you have called all the numbers in the bag and that person gets all the 5" squares. If you don't have too many people you can do this several times, It is fun.

Thats also a good one. I might have lots of people so someone would have lots of 5" squares. Great idea. Thanks.
I can't believe all the great ideas I'm getting here. Should be a fun day. :thumbup: