Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Garage sale goodies! Did I do good???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/garage-sale-goodies-did-i-do-good-t43718.html)

Fritzy 04-23-2010 08:55 PM

I've been hitting garage sales the last couple of days & found some great bargains. Today I bought 3 plastic grocery sacks for 50 cents each & this is what I got. Stack of green sqs. misc. sizes & some Xmas ones too, a bunch of 1 1/2" sqs. in gingham, 3 long pieces of cross grain (?) ribbon, 1 yd Xmas fabric & misc. pieces,1 yd green & misc. pieces, big piece of red felt, 1/2 yd. orange, 1 yd. black, 1/2 yd fusible interfacing, 2 big pieces of burlap (which I'm going to give to the art teacher), 1 yd 60" wide white, 1/2 yd heavier muslin, 1 yd red w/little leaves, 3 1/2 yds red mini dot, 1yd brown mini dot all this & a few other misc. pieces for $1.50!! But my biggest prize was an 18" x 24" Olfa cutting mat like new for 50 cents!!!!!!! I checked at the LQS & they sell for $32.00! The lady must have been nuts but I sure was happy although I almost missed it but happened to go & look at something else when I spotted it. Yesterday I almost missed a very big size Fiskar paper cutter because it was under some things & I got that for $12.00 which I'm sure was a very good deal too. My son is buying a house & I found him a Lazy Boy rocker/recliner in excellent condition for $25.00. I found 8 more books to read & to add to my collection of over 250 that I have to read. For some reason I just can't pass them up even though I know I have so many to read already. I only go for about an hour before I have to go to work so I don't get to all of the sales on my list but I'm glad I found these & the sales are just starting to get in full swing so am I going to have fun or what!

EllaBud 04-23-2010 09:01 PM

I think that you did very well! What a find, especially the cutting mat. I'll bet she didn't know what it was for 50 cents. Enjoy your treasures.

amma 04-23-2010 09:11 PM

WOW!!! What a profitable day for you :D:D:D

no1jan 04-24-2010 01:31 AM

You did great especially the mat! I love garage sales. My husband don't and I have to rely on him to drive me as I can't drive because I have a vision problem.

You just never know what to expect.

Congratulations on your finds.

thequilterslink 04-24-2010 02:48 AM

Great finds, congrats. I love garage sales too and hit all i can every weekend. You did really great!

tmg 04-24-2010 03:13 AM

I like what you got. We all like getting great deals. I am soooooooooooo Happy for you. ENJOY!!!!!!

debbieumphress 04-24-2010 04:02 AM

So jealous. You did wonderful. I love to garage sale too. Last week I found a box of UFO's one lady had and it had directions/patterns with each one. I got home after paying her a quick 5.00 and it had 7 UFO's all going to be full size. I was in heaven. COngrats

CarrieAnne 04-24-2010 04:33 AM

Wow, you sure did good! Congrats! I love garage sales too, way nicer than paying full price!

Rainy Day 04-24-2010 04:35 AM

Reduce, reuse, recycle and save! You did well, you green goddess!

pollyjvan9 04-24-2010 06:10 AM

Darn, I wasn't going to go to garage sales this weekend. Now I've got to get dressed and get out there!

The last time I went 3 or 4 weeks ago, I found a large box of hard backed quilting books for $20. There were 21 books in the box and out of those I had copies of 3 of them, but my best quilting buddy didn't have them so I gave them to her. They are all great books, too. Most of them I had check out of the library more than once.