Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gender Neutral baby quilt??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gender-neutral-baby-quilt-t158989.html)

suern3 10-08-2011 02:45 PM

Taiboo, I think you have the best idea for a teacher. She will love to have the blocks the kids make, especially, and the primary colors you thought of using are certainly gender neutral which should satisfy the room moms. What a perfect gift!

suern3 10-08-2011 02:45 PM

Taiboo, I think you have the best idea for a teacher. She will love to have the blocks the kids make, especially, and the primary colors you thought of using are certainly gender neutral which should satisfy the room moms. What a perfect gift!

taiboo 10-08-2011 02:47 PM

That is what I thought too, but they don't want anything primary related LOL

Originally Posted by suern3

Bobbielinks 10-08-2011 02:52 PM

Hey, is it the teacher's baby or the room-moms? I would think the teacher would love the primary colors and "signed by her students.

bkb 10-08-2011 02:52 PM

make the quilt you planned and make a pastel one like a D9P for the room moms

QuiltE 10-08-2011 02:53 PM

I'm totally confused .... why would primary colours be considered as not gender neutral???

If the kids are taking them home to do something with them ... are you providing full instructions to the parents as to what to use, to ensure their work can be made permanent? And not disappear with the first wash?

What a kind and generous gift to this teacher.

PS ... don't forget to have the kids print/sign their names

taiboo 10-08-2011 03:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this is what I choose for the quilt...I center square would be like a "teacher's name", class year, We will miss you etc... The individual squares would be sent home (muslin) and down in crayon and sent back to me to insert, the black you see as the sashing, is actually black with little primary colors numbers and ABC's...VERY CUTE

But they want the center square to be a little poem...something about 10 little fingers....10 little toes ... and the primary colors HAVE TO GO LOL

Originally Posted by QuiltE
I'm totally confused .... why would primary colours be considered as not gender neutral???

If the kids are taking them home to do something with them ... are you providing full instructions to the parents as to what to use, to ensure their work can be made permanent? And not disappear with the first wash?

What a kind and generous gift to this teacher.

PS ... don't forget to have the kids print/sign their names

Sadiemae 10-08-2011 03:07 PM

You could tell them to buy the fabric, and you will put it together.

taiboo 10-08-2011 03:09 PM

we are hopefully going next week to look at fabric, but they want to see just something done up for a picture to show the parents of the class so they can decide if they want to chip in and do it.

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
You could tell them to buy the fabric, and you will put it together.

butterflywing 10-08-2011 03:25 PM

and what if twelve moms like it and three moms don't? will those three not chip in?

do they remember who the quilt is for? or do they think they're sharing it with the teacher?