Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   the generosity and kindness here on the QB (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/generosity-kindness-here-qb-t198542.html)

AUQuilter 08-24-2012 01:27 PM

the generosity and kindness here on the QB

1 Attachment(s)
I have been a QB member awhile now and shouldn’t be surprised at the generosity of others…BUT… some time back I posted pics of a Craigslist find and a member PM’d me that she would pay or swap for a small piece of one of the fabrics. I had washed and put the fabric in the stash so it was out of sight and her PM forgotten until my inbox needed to be cleaned out. I have a lot of fabric and I could share with her because I had picked up some of this particular fabric earlier this year. Long story short, I sent her the fabric and in return she sent me some wonderful scraps. I won’t name her publicly, but I just had to show the fabrics. This is a wonderful forum full of kind and caring folks from their thoughtful words when folks are going through tough times to encouraging newbies and offering suggestions for experienced quilters.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-24-2012 01:30 PM

Great scraps! It is such fun trading and getting mail, isn't it?

barri1 08-24-2012 01:48 PM

I discovered sharing, and it is the best. I have gotten really beautiful scraps from a couple of members, and have passed on scraps to others.. There is way too much waste in the is world. I started collecting for a postage stamp quilt, about six months ago. I was getting worried that it would take a very long time to get all the squares.. Within six months thanks to board members, I have enough 1.5" squares from swaps, and scrap donations to make a queen size quilt without using duplicates.. Amazing? No... Just great people..

lynnie 08-24-2012 02:10 PM

I love that caa faab.
I ccollect cat fabs on my thied cat quilt
Does the salcage give the manf name
Thanks

AUQuilter 08-24-2012 03:27 PM

Sorry no manufacturer name.

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5465022)
I love that caa faab.
I ccollect cat fabs on my thied cat quilt
Does the salcage give the manf name
Thanks

AuntieD 08-24-2012 05:36 PM

Lovely selection of fabric.

justflyingin 08-24-2012 09:15 PM

That is fantastic. I'm glad you were able to help her and glad for you as well.

fatquarters 08-24-2012 09:25 PM

I love your fabric but just have to say...the people here are the greatest! I recently posted asking to purchase some I spy squares. I am totally willing to buy, but it is difficult to buy them, elsewhere so I thought I would ask here. I had many quilters willing to send some to me, but most, just want to share, and aren't asking anything in return. I am in awe of their generosity.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 08-25-2012 02:53 AM

I just love the piece with the fairy. So sweet.

Freckles48 08-25-2012 03:39 AM

For Lynnie
I think the cat fabric is a Laurel Burch print. i believe I saw it in a quilt store in Portsmouth<NH recently. Look up L.B. prints and you may find it.