Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Getting frustrated here... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/getting-frustrated-here-t82739.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 12-14-2010 08:45 AM

Oh I love it!!! And I totally agree with Raptureready- pieced bindings are awesome looking!! :)
Sorry you've had problems honey!!!

Jory 12-14-2010 09:09 AM

Lucky car!
Jory

Becky Crafts 12-14-2010 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jory
Lucky car!
Jory

LOL! I'm sure it thought so too this morning! It got down to 27 degrees here last night & is only 43 now & windy. I had to shut one corner of the quilt in the car door to hold it down so I could get the picture!

Olivia's Grammy 12-14-2010 10:11 AM

It looks so great that I forgot what you said you did wrong.

Jory 12-14-2010 10:18 AM

The sun really does justice to the wonderful colors you chose! Your DD will be so happy with it! Please don't give in to your frustration: this quilt deserves to be finished with the same care you've already shown in getting it this far. Applique a little churn (or star) on any holes; piece the binding; take the embroidery floss away from the bird, and show us when you've finished it!

Jory

Have you been tempted to hand-quilt the outlines of the fussy-cut centers, rather than tying them? E.g., a running stitch around the flower, or dragon fly? It would go well with your SID quilting!

And finally, 27° F? Are you kidding me? We had single digit temps last week!

Dina 12-14-2010 10:22 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. Take a break and then just finish it up. Your daughter will love it!!

Becky Crafts 12-14-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jory
The sun really does justice to the wonderful colors you chose! Your DD will be so happy with it! Please don't give in to your frustration: this quilt deserves to be finished with the same care you've already shown in getting it this far. Applique a little churn (or star) on any holes; piece the binding; take the embroidery floss away from the bird, and show us when you've finished it!

Jory

Have you been tempted to hand-quilt the outlines of the fussy-cut centers, rather than tying them? E.g., a running stitch around the flower, or dragon fly? It would go well with your SID quilting!

And finally, 27° F? Are you kidding me? We had single digit temps last week!

Thank you. No, I'm just going to tye this one & ship it. DD/DGD are waiting for it's arrival for Christmas. I already shipped one to them, but told DD to wait until this one arrives to choose the one she wants;otherwise they'll fight over it. LOL!

Yes, 27 degrees last night & we're in sunny Florida! Had to bring in my plants & tomatoes! Shades of New England! LOL.

Treasureit 12-14-2010 10:42 AM

Can you get more fabric online or maybe someone on here has some they would sell you. Do you know the name? Post a picture?

Becky Crafts 12-14-2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
Can you get more fabric online or maybe someone on here has some they would sell you. Do you know the name? Post a picture?

Thank you for the websites. I've saved them and will check them out. I'm thinking a bumble bee applique might be cute to cover the hole since most fussy cuts are flowers.

Becky Crafts 12-14-2010 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
Your quilt is beautiful. Take a break and then just finish it up. Your daughter will love it!!

Thank you. I did what you suggested. The next new plan change is to pick up another package of binding after supper & a few bumble bee appliques to sprinkle around so the hole will be covered. Since most of the fussies are flowers, the bees will fit right in.