Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Getting Organized/Under Control (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/getting-organized-under-control-t52403.html)

renee765 07-03-2010 04:01 AM

I like to think of my 'next project' collection as an investment in the future. Someday I won't be able to afford lots of fabric, or I might be unable to go shopping, something like that. So I am putting away projects like squirrels put away nuts - okay -I'm not burying them! But my opinion is, collect - collect - collect! You never know when your collecting days may come to a standstill.

deedum 07-03-2010 05:10 AM

I understand! I do not even get done with my current project
& my hands up picking up another project and I find myself starting that. Yesterday, I did finish fm on a small lap quilt(love it), but I had another lap quilt all sandwiched and ready to go. I also have my BOM project top pieced waiting to be finished. I was looking at the tulip bag, pattern all laid out with instructions, instead I picked up a little waste basket kit a friend gave me and now I am into that. No wonder my sewing room can't stay clean! I love the longaberger baskets, have many myself. I am thinking of putting them on ebay, some of them anyway. Build an account at the bank just for my sewing room funds, lol

deedum 07-03-2010 05:17 AM

As far as getting organized, I went thru my sewing room this last week and took everything out that don't belong in my sewing room. I put in his den, which sadly I have almost taken over, well it is right next to my sewing room. So now I have convinced him to buy a wardrobe for the stuff. So happy I have my own sewing room!!!!!!

Boston1954 07-03-2010 05:31 AM

I was playing in EQ5 yesterday. Always getting ideas for more stuff when I have so many that are half finished. I wonder if I should give them numbers (like someone waiting in line at the deli) and do them in some kind of order.

CarrieAnne 07-03-2010 06:31 AM

LOL, I have a bunch too, yet I just cant help starting new stuff!

littlehud 07-03-2010 07:58 PM

I was looking for some solid fabric last week and realized how many quilt kits I have. Oh and tops waiting to be quilted. I'm set for while. I keep saying I won't buy any more fabric til I finish these projects. But I know I'm just kidding myself.

craftybear 07-04-2010 11:42 PM

yes, we need to have a spot for our WIP and give them a # along writing them in a journal, date started and finally date completed!

Originally Posted by Boston1954
I was playing in EQ5 yesterday. Always getting ideas for more stuff when I have so many that are half finished. I wonder if I should give them numbers (like someone waiting in line at the deli) and do them in some kind of order.

mlaceruby 07-05-2010 03:31 AM

I have mounds of stacks and ziplock and baskets full!
would not even attempt to count them!
I work on customer orders at least 5 days a week but try to give myself 1 day to sew on my projects.I am always involved in swaps and put them inorder of date to be completed!

quiltinghere 07-05-2010 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
As far as getting organized, I went thru my sewing room this last week and took everything out that don't belong in my sewing room. So happy I have my own sewing room!!!!!!

Some of the organizing shows on tv will tell you that's exactly what you're supposed to do - Only have IN the room - What you want to do in the room (of course that's if you have the rooms to do it).

A bedroom should be only a bedroom - no computer, no tv, no kids toys, etc.

quiltinghere 07-05-2010 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
Made the decision to bring all "next projects" out and see what was there and start working! (all 18 of them):

I made a list of all the 'to dos' I had...but I lost the list.

:) :) :)

Maybe I need to pull them out (or set them in a certain location (say a shelf) so I can keep better track of them.

I'm did really well yesterday - I went to 2 (yes 2) stores yesterday, fondled fabric and DID NOT BUY a single inch! Ain't ya proud!