Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Getting used to this yellow fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/getting-used-yellow-fabric-t240149.html)

cowgirlquilter 02-02-2014 10:53 AM

Wow I love the color combination!!!!!!

ManiacQuilter2 02-02-2014 10:58 AM

HI Dina Cleaned out some emails sorry my box was full !! This is the toughest question but if you FEEL the need for a border, start trying the various yellows for an accent border and one of the darker blues and see what appeals to you. Sometimes when Bargello is very busy, I just put the binding on using the darkest color to frame it. Do you need a border?? Just a thought !! Good Luck !!

Dina 02-02-2014 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6550815)
HI Dina Cleaned out some emails sorry my box was full !! This is the toughest question but if you FEEL the need for a border, start trying the various yellows for an accent border and one of the darker blues and see what appeals to you. Sometimes when Bargello is very busy, I just put the binding on using the darkest color to frame it. Do you need a border?? Just a thought !! Good Luck !!

I just sent a second PM, so you should get it soon. I really like borders, and I want this quilt to be about 60 inches square. So it will need borders to get there.

In fact, I had two experiments in mind when I started this quilt. Could I made the Surf Song wall hanging pattern about ten inches wider and longer and could I make the yellow sort of glow. I have been successful with the size of the quilt, and the jury is still out on if the yellow will glow. :) I will probably have to finish the whole quilt before I know that one.

Thanks for the border suggestions. Once I get the whole thing done, I will audition the choices and see what I decide. That is probably a week off...

Dina

Quilter 65 02-02-2014 03:08 PM

It is spot on. Beautiful quilt and sushi made a lot of good suggestions. Please post the finished quilt.

Dollyo 02-03-2014 07:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I would find a fabric that combined both colors, preferably in a batik (I really like batiks). I think that they go w/bargellos. Here are some pics of one of the bargellos that I did. I didn't find the border fabric until the bargello was completed. I used a narrow dark purple as my first border and as my binding to frame the batik border. Just a thought. Whatever you choose will be gorgeous.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460347[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]460348[/ATTACH]

Dina 02-03-2014 07:03 AM

Beautiful quilt, Dollyo. Thanks for the border idea!

Dina

Digitizingqueen 02-03-2014 07:07 AM

Love that the yellow is awesome, sun and water

Taughtby Grandma 02-03-2014 08:23 AM

If you want a double border I agree with the darker blue, then I would go with the darker gold for the inner border. I'm excited to see the finished quilt!

Mariposa 02-03-2014 08:43 AM

So far your bargello is fabulous! Nicely done, and super colors! I'd audition fabrics after the center is completed.

Carol34446 02-03-2014 09:34 AM

Outstanding job and colors are wonderful.