Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   gift for quilter friend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gift-quilter-friend-t207012.html)

lynnie 11-26-2012 04:46 PM

gift for quilter friend

Ive met so many great quilters and crafty criends. So, what do i get as a present for them???
They can make it themselves or have different tastes from mine.
some of my friends have a whole "sewing" setup at their homes.
Help please...what wouod you like????

mic-pa 11-26-2012 04:53 PM

gift cert. from a local quilt shop.

hopetoquilt 11-26-2012 05:30 PM

Price range would help and how many people. Do u want to make something or buy it? I am not huge on spending a ton on gifts for people that they may or may not like and I think our world has become a bit gluttonous. A "different kind of gift" would be to make a donation to a very special charity and write a heartfelt note about how their friendship is important and where the donation would go

How many friends. What about paying for a class for u all to attend at a local quilt shop. Then, you're paying for a fun time for all of you, expanding everyone's skills and supporting a LQS.

Mug rugs or fabric coasters are great because it doesn't have to match their home decor.

quiltingcandy 11-26-2012 05:39 PM

Without knowing your price range my suggestion would be what my dear friend does. She makes us a plate of her cookies. She bakes a lot during the holidays and everyone looks forward to getting a plate of cookies. During the holidays you can't go wrong with a plate of cookies and/or fudge. A handful of flowers to go with it could be a nice touch, or use a cute container. Not sure how old your friend is, but since I turned 50 I prefer to receive things that can be eaten or thrown out after a period of time (ie: flowers) without feeling guilty.

I do love gift cards and give them often - it is always fun to go out with a friend for a meal too. Or have the person over for a lunch or dinner. Nothing nicer than spending time with friends.

lynnie 11-26-2012 05:52 PM

Some of them live miles away, one in the same town and a few states away.
classes tog would be nice hard to coordinate.
I guess its gict cert again. I personally l o v e them, then i get what i need.
Thanks

Jingle 11-26-2012 07:32 PM

Placemats for a certain holiday would be nice. No matching decor.

Dolphyngyrl 11-26-2012 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa (Post 5681736)
gift cert. from a local quilt shop.

I second this

Mariposa 11-26-2012 08:44 PM

*Lynnie-- your mail box is full! **

alleyoop1 11-27-2012 04:22 AM

I have a relative who lives far away and not knowing their taste, I usually send a Christmas item - like hand towels for their bath or I send some kind of food item, like a nice tin of nuts or candy. Since I will never spend Christmas with them, I'll never know if they liked the item I sent or not. And since they have a large family I know the food item will be eaten by someone.

ArtsyOne 11-27-2012 04:31 AM

Last year I received several jelly rolls from my daughters. One gave me Bali Pops with a paper piecing pattern, and the other gave me a random assortment of Moda jelly rolls. Best gifts ever!