Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   GO! BIG Electric Fabric Cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/go-big-electric-fabric-cutter-t271266.html)

quiltinggirl 10-19-2015 11:28 PM

GO! BIG Electric Fabric Cutter

1 Attachment(s)
I just purchased this electric cutter by Accuquilt and was wondering if anyone has one. If so, where are you purchasing your dies from?

tallchick 10-20-2015 02:58 AM

Gone are the days of finding "great deals" on their dies; I bought a majority of mine pre-price control and I found several on eBay as well. Do check their website and eBay for the does you want, have fun!!!

Onebyone 10-20-2015 03:48 AM

I buy mostly from Accuquilt website. They have good sales during the year and an easy return policy. I have about 65 dies. I have the Go and Go Big. Both are great machines. I rarely have to use my rotary cutter to cut quilt block pieces. I like the BOB dies the best (Block on Board). One pass and four to six blocks are perfectly cut. I have all the strip and geometric dies I need to make most any quilt I want.

Misty's Mom 10-20-2015 04:12 AM

I get mine from Amazon when there isn't a sale somewhere. I love the 2 day shipping. Wish the pre price control days were back:(

Weezy Rider 10-20-2015 04:47 AM

I'm only looking at the dies for piecing. If I want applique, I also have a Silhouette Cameo and Adobe Illustrator. I can draw what I want. I've found that standard cutting dies are never the size I want.

You are limited to what most people do. Using the Silhouette, I can make an appliqued doll quilt exactly like a large one without having to cut the fabric by hand.

I also paper craft, and the Sizzix dies were never the right size. I sold the ones for papercrafting, now I need to get rid of the quilting dies. Sizzix stopped making the one die I do need.

Now for squares, strips and other geometrics, there's nothing like a good die cutter!

quiltinggirl 10-20-2015 05:01 AM

Thank you all for the great tips for purchasing the dies. I make the big block quilts (10") for quilt auctions and church fundraisers. I bought the Go Big cutter and the 10" die to cut these squares more accurately and perfectly than I ever could with my rotary cutter. I didn't realize how many dies are available for this electric cutter and some are truly expensive. A friend of mine stumbled upon a few dies at a garage sale this summer but I don't have such luck! I will definitely check EBAY and Amazon for the other dies I want to buy.

ManiacQuilter2 10-20-2015 05:06 AM

Great that you found what works for you. It is still out of my price range.

btiny36 10-20-2015 06:07 AM

That's one of the reason's I've held off buying a cutting machine is because of the die expense:thumbdown:

Material Witness 10-20-2015 04:01 PM

Onebyone, I'm just going to send you my fabric.

cathyvv 10-20-2015 04:11 PM

I just got 2.5 inch strips and 6.5 inch strips from Accucut, on sale. They are pricey, but judging by my test strips, well worth the money.