Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Going to Cincinatti, suggested shops? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-cincinatti-suggested-shops-t192780.html)

stefanib123 06-25-2012 05:47 PM

Going to Cincinatti, suggested shops?

I'm taking the kids to Kings Island, and am going to do some shopping there. I will definitely be going to Joanns,etc. I only get to go to shopping at anywhere besides Walmart once or twice a year, so looking forward to it!

nanac 06-25-2012 06:05 PM

Can give you directions to a few good shops, but too confusing, unless I know which direction you'll be coming from. PM me and I can give you my phone number to give you better info.

stefanib123 06-25-2012 07:21 PM

If you have a name, I should be able to find them with my gps. Love that thing! Pming you, thamks!

Central Ohio Quilter 06-25-2012 07:37 PM

One of my favorite shops is The Fabric Shack in Waynesville, OH. It is just a little north of King's Island. An awesome quilt shop!

MamaO2011 06-25-2012 07:51 PM

Fabric Shack is awesome! South of Kings Island is Stitches Quilt Shop, Sew Easy and Aunt Ruth's. They are all three in the Sharonville area. But definitely take the time to go to Waynesville to the Fabric Shack!

sweetpee 06-25-2012 09:27 PM

I don't know any shops there but I would love to go to Kings Island. My grandkids were just talking about it and I would love to go . I am fromDayton, Oh. I hope you have a grat time and also find a shop you will like.

wanda lou 06-25-2012 10:35 PM

I wish I would have known I would have met you at Joann's. I hope you had a great visit.

117becca 06-26-2012 03:37 AM

Absolutely FABRIC SHACK!!! If you like decorator fabric, make sure you see the other Fabric Shack(just ask them) that sells the decorator fabrics. If looking for decorator fabrics, if it's not at Fabric Shack, then it's not made. I would suggest going to Fabric Shack during a week day because Saturdays (& they are also open on Sundays) are busy and its hard to see and play.

If you love to antique - you can antique in Waynesville and also Lebanon - both are close to one another. Of course, if it's 90s, hoofing it from store to store isn't very fun...

117becca 06-26-2012 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by MamaO2011 (Post 5317046)
Fabric Shack is awesome! South of Kings Island is Stitches Quilt Shop, Sew Easy and Aunt Ruth's. They are all three in the Sharonville area. But definitely take the time to go to Waynesville to the Fabric Shack!

MamaO - where exactly is Aunt Ruth's? I tried to find it the other day - I was coming home from vacation - and couldn't find it. Now - Reading Rd splits and there was too much traffic to stop and hunt. I was also tired and didn't want to take the time. I came off Sharon Rd, turned Left on Reading...

I did stop at IKEA and OMG!!!!! Never had been there...

Thanks...

MamaO2011 06-26-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by 117becca (Post 5317423)
MamaO - where exactly is Aunt Ruth's? I tried to find it the other day - I was coming home from vacation - and couldn't find it. Now - Reading Rd splits and there was too much traffic to stop and hunt. I was also tired and didn't want to take the time. I came off Sharon Rd, turned Left on Reading...

I did stop at IKEA and OMG!!!!! Never had been there...

Thanks...

Aunt Ruth's is in old Sharonville - just a couple doors down from the post office. I'm on the east side so I go up 275, turn left onto 42 and follow that past Sharon Woods and into the village. Reading splits and you go around the square. Aunt Ruth's is just before Reading comes back together again, on the right. hope that made sense!

They are so friendly there. One day I had lots of time to kill but had my 4 year old with me. The owner had her sit down and help sort strips by color for jelly rolls. Next thing I knew, Molly had it all finished, and they were paying her in fat quarters! She ends up with a house full of fabrics one day, I will know why!!