Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Going to Hershey tomorrow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-hershey-tomorrow-t143967.html)

kwhite 08-10-2011 11:32 AM

Well next time you decide to go give me a shout. I will try to meet you there. On the map we are about the same distance from it in opposite directions.

greenini 08-10-2011 11:38 AM

Thanks for pointing out Obie's I've got it marked...when we just went thru Lancaster I felt so guilty about the 3 vintage machines we were toting (2 of which I bought in Lancaster) that I just picked up some scraps in my favorite Mennonite thrift store...it pays to ask the waitress if she knows anyone who wants to get rid of old machines!

nursie76 08-10-2011 11:45 AM

I have been wanting to hit Obies's too!!!! Wow! Those pics are intriguing...are the prices good?

We have a Surplus City in Williamsport, PA, about 30 mins from me. It is opposite the way I go for work and other stuff, but try to make it once every other month or so. Prices are great, and good name fabrics too. Have to be careful though, cause some are seconds because they have been printed backwards or upside down or double printed...but so far I haven't found many of those.

kwhite 08-10-2011 11:55 AM

Nursie I don't know about the prices. I have not made it there yet. Hopefully soon though.

AbbyQuilts 08-10-2011 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
I have been wanting to hit Obies's too!!!! Wow! Those pics are intriguing...are the prices good?

We have a Surplus City in Williamsport, PA, about 30 mins from me. It is opposite the way I go for work and other stuff, but try to make it once every other month or so. Prices are great, and good name fabrics too. Have to be careful though, cause some are seconds because they have been printed backwards or upside down or double printed...but so far I haven't found many of those.

Nursie Williamsport is where I first saw a surplus city last year. I wanted to go there so bad but we were only in Williamsport for 1 day and that was a Sunday they were closed. When I got home I looked them up and found they they had a few locations. So I went to the Altoona one a few months ago.

Maybe we should try and plan a Obies trip and meet up?
Sounds like a fun place to check out lol. I could get in a lot of trouble there lol

Edit: Bonnie's blog said that what she bought was 3.49 a yard at Obies

kwhite 08-10-2011 11:59 AM

I am IN!!!!

nursie76 08-10-2011 12:23 PM

Absolutely!!!!!!!!

AbbyQuilts 08-10-2011 12:30 PM

Anyone want to take up the planning LOLOLOL. I am great at starting ideas but lol.

I will be gone til Sept 9th. I have to find out form hubby what weekends we have off but I will PM you guys and we can start planning. When we figure out a date we can post a Meet up post on the forum for others to join us

nursie76 08-10-2011 06:37 PM

Sounds good. I have a wedding on Sept 10th, and 24th. I have a quilt retreat last weekend in October and our daughter will be home from New Zealand 5 weeks starting beginning of November. All my weekends between now and the Sept 10th wedding will be spent finishing the quilt for their wedding present. I am sure we can find some time to meet though if we try hard enough.

dflynn 08-10-2011 06:57 PM

hope it is my weekend off from work. I willing to go. 6 hour drive