Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Going to Lancaster Tomorrow! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-lancaster-tomorrow-t134421.html)

Opal Jane 07-01-2011 05:44 AM

My hubby and I will be on the road early tomorrow, heading to Lancaster. We are about 1.5 -2 hrs from Lancaster. Our first stop will be Zook's, then The Old Country Store, then Kitchen Kettle Village (gotta stock up on pickled beets and jellies). We will hit the other fabric stores on Old Philadelphia Pike Rd, head over to Dutchland Quilt Patch and then Millers for lunch. I have to stop by the QVC Outlet store as they are having 80% off clothing, 60% off handbags and fashion jewelry, and 50% off the remaining items in the store. WHEW...with all this shopping planned for tomorrow, I need to get to bed early tonight.....maybe I need to go back to bed now...nah...I have too much quilting and QB reading to do.

nyelphaba 07-01-2011 05:56 AM

Wow, too much fun. Are you going to Burkholder's? It is worth the trip.

craftybear 07-01-2011 05:57 AM

Wow, have a fun time

I can't wait to see what goodies you buy

KimmieH 07-01-2011 05:58 AM

qvc outlet store??????oh my! i didnt know about such a place

blueangel 07-01-2011 06:03 AM

Have fun

May in Jersey 07-01-2011 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by KimmieH

I think the QVC outlet is in one of the large malls, Rockport I think, anyway it's over across from the motel that is in the shape of a steamboat.

Near Country Store is a new stop, Bitty something. I haven't been there yet but have been told it's a must stop.

Have fun, I'm planning a Lancaster trip mid July.

AUQuilter 07-01-2011 06:08 AM

If you get to Burkholder's, tell them that it is your first trip to their store! They will give you the TOUR! and just maybe some specials. I went there for the first time on Monday and was super impressed with the displays of fabric and it is bright inside- good lighting. They have chairs out front for your better half and a playset for the kids. I am still washing fabric 3 days later.

Quilter7x 07-01-2011 06:08 AM

There is a QVC Outlet store in the Rockvale Mall, which is right across the street from the Fulton Steamboat Inn.

Be sure to check out the People's Place Museum above the Old Country store. I could spend hours in that store and upstairs!

I absolutely love the Kitchen Kettle Village. Love the kettle corn, Lapp's ice cream, the musicians in the middle of the village, and all the shops.

Shady Maple is another great smorgasbord to eat at and Good's is a store in the same driveway. They don't have a huge selection of fabric, but I always check it out anyway. It's really a general store that lots of Amish/Mennonite shop at.

Have a wonderful time!

amma 07-01-2011 06:39 AM

How fun! It sounds like a GREAT trip to me! :D:D:D

NJ Quilter 07-01-2011 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey

Originally Posted by KimmieH

I think the QVC outlet is in one of the large malls, Rockport I think, anyway it's over across from the motel that is in the shape of a steamboat.

Near Country Store is a new stop, Bitty something. I haven't been there yet but have been told it's a must stop.

Have fun, I'm planning a Lancaster trip mid July.

That would be Bitty Kinna's and it's definitely a must stop. It's only a couple of doors away from Old Country Store.