Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Going to quilt show! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-quilt-show-t317797.html)

Anniedeb 03-19-2022 06:27 PM

I'm heading to Sisters in Oregon in July. Really looking forward to it!

maryb119 03-20-2022 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper (Post 8543505)
I lived in Missouri for over 55 years and traveled to Branson a couple of times. Now I'm in Iowa and no longer get to go see the shows. I miss it.

I miss the AQS show in Des Moines. My daughter and I went every year.

KathyE 03-20-2022 05:06 AM

We have a quilt show in Madison, WI that I have attended for several years. It was cancelled the last 2 years because of Covid so I am really looking forward to it this year.

QuiltingVagabond 03-20-2022 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by sandy l (Post 8543498)
I'm going to the quilt show in May in Archbold, Ohio. Not a big show, but a nice one.

I'm going too! Are you taking any of the classes or the schoolhouse?

sewingsuz 03-20-2022 09:35 PM

Ha great time and show us some pictures please.

quiltingcandy 03-20-2022 09:43 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun. And I agree - don't wait to go anywhere if you don't have to. When my DH & I retired we traveled like crazy because too many of our friends waited and now have health issues and don't want to go anywhere. And my parents waited to take the Alaskan cruise they wanted, and my dad died suddenly and my mom wouldn't go. I tried to talk her into going with me and my sisters, but she wouldn't budge.

I went to Sisters OR many years ago and loved it. I love to go to the Road to CA show in Ontario, CA. And went to Hamilton MO a few years back because I was in Kansas City and wasn't sure when the opportunity would present itself again. (I went alone and was so glad I did. No one was telling me to hurry, or they wanted to go somewhere else, it was just me with all those wonderful fabric stores.)

Onebyone 03-21-2022 05:02 AM

(I went alone and was so glad I did. No one was telling me to hurry, or they wanted to go somewhere else, it was just me with all those wonderful fabric stores.)

I seldom go with anyone to a big quilt show. I like to do what I want to do at the show without compromise. The trip to Branson will be with two other quilters because the hotels were booked so I got a condo rented and it was a shame to have all that room go to waste. The condo was cheaper then the hotel would be.

Still Sew N 03-21-2022 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8543469)
I'm going to Paducah Show too in April. I will no longer not go anywhere when I can. I use to think Oh I'll go one day. Not going to regret not going when I could if I made an effort. Covid taught me that.

I like the way you think! Covid did teach us a lot and you are spot on!!

sandy l 03-22-2022 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8543837)
I'm going too! Are you taking any of the classes or the schoolhouse?

No, just going to look, but will try to stay out of the quilt shop. Want and need are two different things:)

cashs_mom 03-23-2022 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8543945)
(I went alone and was so glad I did. No one was telling me to hurry, or they wanted to go somewhere else, it was just me with all those wonderful fabric stores.)

I seldom go with anyone to a big quilt show. I like to do what I want to do at the show without compromise. The trip to Branson will be with two other quilters because the hotels were booked so I got a condo rented and it was a shame to have all that room go to waste. The condo was cheaper then the hotel would be.

I go to Quilt Festival every year here in Houston. I rarely go with anyone else. I used to have some friends here and we would go together but I actually prefer going alone. I can look at what I want and spend time on things i want to. It was nice last year, a couple of the quilt guilds got together and rented a bus to take us down to the show and back. It only cost a dollar and was so nice not to have to deal with the traffic but I could still shop and look at quilts by myself.