Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is this going to work? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/going-work-t262312.html)

BettyGee 03-09-2015 07:51 AM

Much luck to you on your project. I can't really see why it won't work. Tartan said one time that it wasn't good to mix fabrics in your quilts, but I was asking about flannel and fleece and cotton all in the same quilt. Yeah, I've had some idea that I thought were inspired; but it would take too long to explain and the laughing would be contagious.

Lady Diana 03-09-2015 12:15 PM

Sounds like Grandmother needed to have someone take that saw away from her. Ha!

Yooper32 03-10-2015 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by hray (Post 7119697)
Sorry, I don't have a good answer for your question, but had to say, "Thanks for the smile" because your statement about having great ideas that don't turn out so great reminded me of my grandmother. She was very artistic but not necessarily practical--there are still stories of her "remodeling" project where she took a saw to the wall because she wanted an archway into the dining room; and one time where she sawed apart a sofa to try to turn it into a sectional...

Just have to say, I so wish I could have met your grandmother. Also, thanks for my laughs for the morning.

glasqlts 03-10-2015 08:10 AM

I have a quilt on my bed that I made about 10 years ago. I wanted to match the drapes and bed skirt so I used extra curtain material that was poly. the blocks are cotton around the center poly square. the 2 borders are also poly. I havent had any trouble with any of it and once it is quilted it doesn't fray. I'd say, go for it!

madamekelly 03-10-2015 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by navasota320 (Post 7119617)
I purchased a comforter set because the fabric is perfect for our bedroom. Well, it has thick poly batting that I didn't take into consideration. Hate that. Im going to take it apart, add a sashing in a fabric that is a perfect contrast to make us a duvet cover. The fabric in the comforter I bought is polyester and the fabric I purchased at the quilt shop is 100% cotton. Is there any reason this will not work? Sometime I think I have a great idea but it turns out not so great.

Kathy

If you need a home for that big, thick, battt......I am searching for just that so that I can redo my diningroom chairs and all I can find are normal quilt batts. Good luck on your project!

mom2boyz 03-10-2015 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by hray (Post 7119697)
Sorry, I don't have a good answer for your question, but had to say, "Thanks for the smile" because your statement about having great ideas that don't turn out so great reminded me of my grandmother. She was very artistic but not necessarily practical--there are still stories of her "remodeling" project where she took a saw to the wall because she wanted an archway into the dining room; and one time where she sawed apart a sofa to try to turn it into a sectional...

Oh my gosh, this just cracked me up! I can just picture her new sectional!!

navasota320 03-11-2015 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 7123024)
If you need a home for that big, thick, battt......I am searching for just that so that I can redo my diningroom chairs and all I can find are normal quilt batts. Good luck on your project!

I just threw it away in the Camp dumper. Sorry.

Geri B 03-11-2015 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 7123024)

For your chairs maybe foam would be better....more resilient and comes various thicknesses...at JAF.....I have re-seated a few chairs and it worked well......

madamekelly 03-11-2015 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by navasota320 (Post 7123316)
I just threw it away in the Camp dumper. Sorry.

No big deal. I am replacing foam with batting because it is easier and cooler to sit on for long meals or games.