Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is this a good buy-Tin Lizzie 16 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/good-buy-tin-lizzie-16-a-t140430.html)

Kherrin 07-26-2011 12:21 PM

I have a friend who wants to sell her Tin Lizzie 16 longarm quilting machine. It does have the stitch regulator and a 10' table that goes with it for $4800.00. Is this a good buy?

mytwopals 07-26-2011 01:05 PM

It depends on how old the machine is. If it is one of the original pre-2007 machines (very heavy at 75 lbs.), it may be priced a bit high. If it is a later TL18LS model (about 47lbs.), the price is good. Of course, condition and amount of use shoud be considered in any used machine price.

jljack 07-26-2011 01:25 PM

I have to agree with the above. Age definately has a lot to do with it. My friend bought a TL16 at a quilt show here in CA about 3-4 years ago and paid about $6500 at that time. You can judge the price being asked by that, probably.

Kherrin 07-26-2011 01:26 PM

It's not that old...maybe a couple of years and she has not used it that much. It is still under warranty. She wants a new car and the longarm is in her enclosed garage...DH said not new car if it has to sit outside so she has decided to sell her longarm.

I have a really old Gammil that can only be used with pantograms can not be driven from the front for free motion like I would like to do. Am thinking of selling that and investing in the newer longarm.

aborning 07-26-2011 01:35 PM

$4800 is definitely a good price if it is an 18LS, is only a couple years old, and has not been used much. Tin LIzzie recently updated their table model and it now cost nearly $10,000 to buy the Tin Lizzie 18LS with table.

needles3thread 07-26-2011 01:39 PM

I like my Tin Lizzie...........good company.

Candace 07-26-2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
It's not that old...maybe a couple of years and she has not used it that much. It is still under warranty. She wants a new car and the longarm is in her enclosed garage...DH said not new car if it has to sit outside so she has decided to sell her longarm.

I have a really old Gammil that can only be used with pantograms can not be driven from the front for free motion like I would like to do. Am thinking of selling that and investing in the newer longarm.

It's still under warranty for her...warranties don't transfer to the second owner. Keep that in mind.

OCQuilts 07-26-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kherrin

I'm only a new Gammill Dealer, but never heard of one that couldn't run from the front. I think you'll be disappointed after having a Gammill. I think even the oldest Gammill's Ive encountered run really well.